what would you be in the dungeons and Dragons world?

jayaint

First Post
Great Thread.

STR 9 (I just don't work out.)
DEX 12 (I can juggle and do card tricks, but I also trip over my own two feet sometimes.)
CON 11 (Endurance, with the occaisonal strep throat.)
INT 17 (I'm not invited to play Trivial Pursuit with my circle of friends, anymore. *pout*)
WIS 15 (Meditation works.)
CHA 16 (I could sell a ketchup popsicle to a woman wearing white gloves.)

I think I would like to be a Vow of Poverty'd Ascetic-type cleric of Chaotic Goodness. I would be very comfortable in a robe and sandals with just a begging bowl for company.

Zander

Explorer
I'm bookish and have very high INT but I also do 15th c. European martial arts (yes, I really am proficient in bastard sword) so in terms of class, I'd be a wizard with a level or so of fighter.

For race, I'd probably be a dwarf as I have an interest in arms and armour, like things made of metal and stone and enjoy underground places as well as mountains. Also, I have low CHA. On the other hand, I have a good sense of humour, have average to low CON and I'm not particularly fond of beer. So I can see myself as a gnome at a stretch.

With regards to alignment, definitely Good, most likely NG with CG tendencies.

Boss

First Post
I seem to remember the original Villains & Vigilantes did the same thing. My character was pretty good to start with, but I can not remember the scores we gave myself.

Currently:

Strength: 13 (not weak due to many years of martial arts traning, but slightly out of shape)
Dexterity: 14 (pretty agile and quick on my feet despite being out of shape, routinely catching dropped items before they hit the ground)
Constitution: 16 (high level of pain tolerance and rarely getting sick)
Intelligence: 12 (always considered a little above norm by tests, etc.)
Wisdom: 14 (compared to friends, I have a great deal of common sense)
Charisma: 10 (not very social, but usually chosen to lead as no one else wants to deal with it)

Align: Neutral (w/ Lawful tendencies)
Race: Dwarf
Class: Fighter type with a couple levels of Monk thrown in

I'd be Orcus. I've already got the soul-searing evil and the phenomenal cosmic power thing going, and I'm well on my way towards deification. I'm also working on the big belly.

And does anyone besides me see the irony in the OP starting up a thread with this topic and claiming to have a 17 WIS? :p

Hmm...I'm 40, I was a national merit scholar, 15yrs experience as a software developer, and my hobby is 3rd world adventure travel (25 countries so far).

I'd put my stats like this:

str 8
con 10
dex 12
int 17 or 18
wis 14 (it's increased with age)
cha 12-14

I have decent skills in my profession (which doesn't exist in a D&D world), plus ranks in many knowledge skills (history, geography, local mostly). I definitely have ranks in climb, balance, and a few other skills, from travel, and several expeditions I've been on in the himalayas. But I wouldn't say that I have natural physical talent (high str/dex).

So, I'd be a mid-level expert, or if I get to replace software developer with a D&D class I'd pick artificer (if we pick what is closest) or bard (if I get my choice).

Ken

Remove ads