Level Up (A5E) What would you *call* an Advanced 5E?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I asked in another thread what you would include in an Advanced 5E game.

But what would you call such a game?

"Fifth Age: Advanced 5th Edition (A5E)" is a kinda working title floating round my head right now, but it's a bit of a mouthful. Needs to be easily Googleable, imply 'advanced' in some way, and also imply compatibility with 5E.

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
I believe that there's other RPG prtoducts called Fifth Age, so that'd be bad for Google searchs, too.

Oof. Everything I think of is too long as well. Maybe Advanced 5e: Campaign Options?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I believe that there's other RPG prtoducts called Fifth Age, so that'd be bad for Google searchs, too.

Oof. Everything I think of is too long as well. Maybe Advanced 5e: Campaign Options?
See that to me says it’s a supplement for 5E. We’re definitely talking a stand-alone game here.

Zardnaar

Legend
Is it an add on idea or a rewrite?

I've been working on a rough hybrid game off and on for years. It uses micro feats and is kind of a hybrid of 5E and B/X with microfeats.

Something like the 3.5 Unearthed Arcana I suppose. Lots of crunchy options or subsystems to expand the current 5E rules.

Or something like the old 2E High Level Campaigns to toughen the monsters up.

How different are we talking about. 1 being not very, 5 being a .5 edition and 10 being a new edition?

Remove ads