• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What would you like to see dropped from Dungeon?

What would you like to see dropped from Dungeon?

Patman21967

First Post
I said it is awesome the way it is, but if i had to pick one, it would be whatever they call the comic at the end of the book....I love Mt. Zogon though...

Thotas

First Post
I'm really enjoying the mag over all. I think Erik's doing a great job, and I don't want to lose him. I'm also broad-minded enough to realilze that not every page of every issue is likely to be something I'm gonna love even if I was the only person it was being published for.

But as long as the question is being asked -- I love comics. And I question that "Downer" actually qualifies as one. I really hate it.

Erik Mona

Adventurer
We printed the glaive article because we thought it was funny, and thought other people would get a chuckle out of it, too. I imagine that some people read the magazine on the train or on the toilet or something, so it's good (I think) to keep some stuff relatively light.

On the other hand, I once was a great fan of the Canadian comic "Cerebus," and it was famous for printing absolutely insane rambling letters from passionate readers. Let me tell you, Dragon has some passionate readers. Sharing some of that with the readers at large is really fun, and the letters page is one of my favorite parts of this (or any) magazine.

A couple of my favorite letters of all time are so bizarre that I dare not discuss them in public, but one of the best from a few years ago was the hand-written screed from a woman in Oregon who worshiped the norse pantheon (Asatru) and was ticked off at the D&D movie, because the woman who played Norda, the half-elf ranger, was black. This persnickity pagan wanted to set the record straight that the "real" elves were white, and to have them portrayed by a black woman was a grave insult.

It's a laff a minute on the Dragon team, I assure you.

--Erik Mona

Soel

First Post
Erik Mona said:
A couple of my favorite letters of all time are so bizarre that I dare not discuss them in public, but one of the best from a few years ago was the hand-written screed from a woman in Oregon who worshiped the norse pantheon (Asatru) and was ticked off at the D&D movie, because the woman who played Norda, the half-elf ranger, was black. This persnickity pagan wanted to set the record straight that the "real" elves were white, and to have them portrayed by a black woman was a grave insult.

The really telling thing is that this is the most upsetting part of the D&D movie for her...:confused:

Graf

Explorer
(that story about the norse lady was great)

Incidentally I think that the letters have improved a lot recently.
Persnickety nitpicking has its place but most of the "I want more FR" "I want more Eberron" has been talked to death.
One vote for more "letters that are super-weird".

diaglo

Adventurer
Graf said:
One vote for more "letters that are super-weird".

how about i write them a letter about how i want more OD&D adventures. i could include one of my own from 26 years ago.

do you think they'd publish it? (the letter not the adventure) ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads