What's Green Ronin Up To In 2018? The Expanse, Lazarus, & More!

Green Ronin has posted its plans for the first half of 2018, which include The Expanse RPG, being Kickstarted in a few months, Modern Age in the Spring, along with the World of Lazarus setting, a new edition of Freedom City for Mutants & Masterminds, and more!

MA_Lazarus_cov_PRODSHOT_preview.jpg

Here's the list for the first half of the year:

• The Expanse (Kickstarter in a few months, game releasing at Gen Con in August)
  • Modern Age (Spring)
  • The World of Lazarus setting for Modern AGE (Spring)
  • Fantasy Age Companion
  • Faces of Thedas (for Dragon Age)
  • Aldis: City of the Blue Rose (for the Blue Rose RPG)
  • Freedom City (for Mutants & Masterminds; out this week)
  • Rogues Gallery (for Mutants and Masterminds; Spring)
  • Shadowtide (Blue Rose novel)
  • Ork! The Roleplaying Game (new edition)
  • Return to Freeport (6-part adventure for Pathfinder; later spring)
Later in the year, we can expect to see:
  • Basic Hero's Handbook (for Mutants and Masterminds)
  • Superteam Handbook (for Mutants and Masterminds)
  • A Mutants & Masterminds novel
  • Sentinels of Earth Prime (card game)
  • Lost Citadel (D&D 5E campaign setting)
Green Ronin also reports that its Song of Ice and Fire license has expired; they can continue selling existing books, but cannot produce new ones. Read more here!

[FONT=&amp]Save[/FONT][FONT=&amp]Save[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Save[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Save[/FONT]

BytomMan

First Post
This seems to be the case with a lot of their games. True20, Game of Thrones, the Chronicle System, Titansgrave, Dragon Age, probably quite a few others too.

I forget what year it was, but the company stated that True20 did have a finite book line and they had some kind of license for third parties to pick it up and use it. I guess it didn't take off. Too bad, though, because I got the whole line and I really enjoyed the system.

vegaserik01

First Post
This seems to be the case with a lot of their games. True20, Game of Thrones, the Chronicle System, Titansgrave, Dragon Age, probably quite a few others too.

I think it has to do with the license, they seemed to have trouble getting the approvals in a timely manner. I think that's one of the reasons for the generic rules books for those systems. Titansgrave puzzles me, I could of sworn I saw on Facebook that Wheaton said they are prepping the second season but then nothing.

pkt77242

Explorer
The Freeport core book is system free, you really don't need a 5e book. As nice as a bit of mechanical support would be, it's not that needed.

Are we talking about the same book?
View attachment 93155

Because the above book has a ton of NPC's with Pathfinder stats, Pathfinder archetypes, Pathfinder feats, and adventure with Pathfinder stats, etc. Yes it can be converted but the book is definitely not system free.

Here is the product description from Amazon:
Freeport is one of the classic city settings of fantasy roleplaying and it’s back―bigger and better―in this monstrous new sourcebook for The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game. Clocking in at a massive 544 pages, Freeport: The City of Adventure lovingly details a metropolis that mixes fantasy tropes, piracy, and Lovecraftian horror into an action packed setting for your RPG campaign. The city is now more detailed than ever, with added locations, characters, hooks, and a brand new, full-length adventure. The book, featuring a cover by fan favorite artist Wayne Reynolds and a fold-out map of the city, also includes full rules support for the Pathfinder RPG: new classes, archetypes, feats, and magic items. As always you can use Freeport on its own or drop it into your campaign setting of choice. So set sail for Freeport, mateys! Come for the pirates, stay for the cosmic horror!

How is this book system free?

For the record I own the Pathfinder version and I would gladly pay for a 5E version.

Titansgrave puzzles me, I could of sworn I saw on Facebook that Wheaton said they are prepping the second season but then nothing.
Geek and Sundry, where Titansgrave was produced, (and the Nerdist) were bought by Legendary Entertainment and they basically have dumped a lot of pre-existing shows. Wil just says he has no control over when or whether Titansgrave season 2 happens or not and then he clams up.

Similarly, Wil's TableTop series was released to YouTube in a delayed manner compared to its release on Project Alpha (the new pay website from Legendary). And Wil was rather annoyed by it being hidden behind the pay wall.

ChapolimX

Explorer
The Freeport core book is system free, you really don't need a 5e book. As nice as a bit of mechanical support would be, it's not that needed.

I'm curious about that. As far as I know there are 3 system neutral books. But I wonder, how much was added through all those years of Pathfinder and other systems support that would make a 5e book a must have.

MarkB

Legend
Geek and Sundry, where Titansgrave was produced, (and the Nerdist) were bought by Legendary Entertainment and they basically have dumped a lot of pre-existing shows. Wil just says he has no control over when or whether Titansgrave season 2 happens or not and then he clams up.

Similarly, Wil's TableTop series was released to YouTube in a delayed manner compared to its release on Project Alpha (the new pay website from Legendary). And Wil was rather annoyed by it being hidden behind the pay wall.

I tend to think Critical Role's success may have had something to do with it. Titansgrave was meant to be the 'gateway' RPG show, with shorter episodes and higher production values, but given how successful Critical Role became without those factors, there may not have still been a gap in the market for a show which was significantly costlier to produce.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases