What's is your favorite D20/D10 RPG and why ?

Tequila Sunrise

Adventurer
Also what is everyones favorite "mechanics" in the RPGs they like.
I like elegant and consistent mechanics that commit to a goal. So I love 4e's original AEDU structure, for creating a consistent commitment to PC-PC balance, tactical gameplay, and interesting character options.

I also love 3e's a la carte style multiclassing -- in concept, if not completely in execution -- for being a (conceptually) elegant compromise between a class-and-level based system and a point-buy system. Making it work well is somewhat of a holy grail of mine. :)

Arilyn

Hero
My favourite d20 game is 13th Age. I love the one unique thing, and the way backgrounds work. I also really enjoy that the classes all have a very distinct feel. The way the dice mechanic works is fun, and imaginative. The encounters are easy and fast to run, while still having the ability to have many different things happen. The game has good advice for building encounters and creating your own monsters. The designers have lots of experience playing D&D, and know what to keep and what should be thrown out. It's a great game.

Lastoutkast

First Post
[MENTION=6816042]Arilyn[/MENTION]
I always forget about 13th age, it's one of the many RPGs I haven't read yet.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

Arilyn

Hero
It's worth the read, even if it's not your cup of tea.QUOTE=Lastoutkast;6965493][MENTION=6816042]Arilyn[/MENTION]
I always forget about 13th age, it's one of the many RPGs I haven't read yet.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Lastoutkast

First Post
This what I have so far, any other suggestions ?

What I have;

D&D 3.5
Pathfinder Core
Gamma world 4e
Shadowrun 5e

Going to get;

GURPS BASIC SET Campaigns (GURPS: Generic Universal Role Playing System)

Vampire: The Masquerade

Dungeons & Drag​ons Dungeon Master's Guide: Roleplaying Game Core Rules, 4th Edition

Trail of Cthulhu

Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil (Dungeons & Dr​agons d20 3.0 Fantasy Roleplaying Adventure, 4th to 14th Levels)

The Red Hand of Doom (Dungeons & Dr​agons d20 3.5 Fantasy Roleplaying Adventure)

Castles & Crusa​des Castle Keepers Guide, 2nd Printing

Vampire: The Dark Ages

FORGOTTEN REALMS CAMPAIGN (Advanced Dungeons & Dra​gons, 2nd Edition)

Werewolf: The Forsaken

The World of Darkness

Mage: The Ascension, 2nd Edition

13th Age RPG Core Book

The CKG is actually more of a toolkit with lots of options, rather than your standard DMG. It’s quite useful, but for the feel of C&C, I’d recommend the Players Guide instead. Now, if you're looking for stuff to plunder for ideas and whatnot, the CKG would be a good choice.

This what I have so far, any other suggestions ?

Castles & Crusa​des Castle Keepers Guide, 2nd Printing

Lastoutkast

First Post
The CKG is actually more of a toolkit with lots of options, rather than your standard DMG. It’s quite useful, but for the feel of C&C, I’d recommend the Players Guide instead. Now, if you're looking for stuff to plunder for ideas and whatnot, the CKG would be a good choice.
I'm looking for more gameplay mechanics than a players guide just do to I've already written one of sorts my own game.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

Remove ads