What's is your favorite D20/D10 RPG and why ?

Brandegoris

First Post
This what I have so far, any other suggestions ?

What I have;

D&D 3.5
Pathfinder Core
Gamma world 4e
Shadowrun 5e

Going to get;

GURPS BASIC SET Campaigns (GURPS: Generic Universal Role Playing System)

Vampire: The Masquerade

Dungeons & Drag​ons Dungeon Master's Guide: Roleplaying Game Core Rules, 4th Edition

Trail of Cthulhu

Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil (Dungeons & Dr​agons d20 3.0 Fantasy Roleplaying Adventure, 4th to 14th Levels)

The Red Hand of Doom (Dungeons & Dr​agons d20 3.5 Fantasy Roleplaying Adventure)

Castles & Crusa​des Castle Keepers Guide, 2nd Printing

Vampire: The Dark Ages

FORGOTTEN REALMS CAMPAIGN (Advanced Dungeons & Dra​gons, 2nd Edition)

Werewolf: The Forsaken

The World of Darkness

Mage: The Ascension, 2nd Edition

13th Age RPG Core Book

RED HAND OF DOOM!!! I LOVE that. its my Favorite 3.5 Adventure product :p

Vampire Dark ages Is awesome. I recommend the Transylvania Chronicles ( 4 Book campaign) its great!

Greg K

Legend
Favorite d20 Game: A toss-up between True20:revised and d20 Modern (caveat: d20M using Blood and Fists (RPGObjects), Elements of Magic: Mythic Earth (ENPublishing) if the setting has magic instead of using the default magic fx rules, and Psychic's Handbook (Green Ronin) for settings with mental fx instead of using the default mental fx rules)

True20:revised: I like the damage save mechanic and how Conviction Points works. Plus it had great 3rd party support
d20Modern: For the most part, I like the classes plus there was great third party support.

Favorite d10 Rules: Cinematic Unisystem (Angel, Buffy). Very good mechanics that get out of the way.

Last edited:

Argyle King

Legend
This what I have so far, any other suggestions ?

What I have;

D&D 3.5
Pathfinder Core
Gamma world 4e
Shadowrun 5e

Going to get;

GURPS BASIC SET Campaigns (GURPS: Generic Universal Role Playing System)

Vampire: The Masquerade

Dungeons & Drag​ons Dungeon Master's Guide: Roleplaying Game Core Rules, 4th Edition

Trail of Cthulhu

Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil (Dungeons & Dr​agons d20 3.0 Fantasy Roleplaying Adventure, 4th to 14th Levels)

The Red Hand of Doom (Dungeons & Dr​agons d20 3.5 Fantasy Roleplaying Adventure)

Castles & Crusa​des Castle Keepers Guide, 2nd Printing

Vampire: The Dark Ages

FORGOTTEN REALMS CAMPAIGN (Advanced Dungeons & Dra​gons, 2nd Edition)

Werewolf: The Forsaken

The World of Darkness

Mage: The Ascension, 2nd Edition

13th Age RPG Core Book

I see that you have GURPS Basic Set: Campaigns on your list.
You'll likely need Characters as well. The two books are what comprise the Basic Set.

When the Dungeon Fantasy project is released, you may also want to check that out. It's a standalone GURPS product. It was slated for May 2017, but I believe the hard copy was pushed back to August 2017.

Red Hand of Doom is one of my favorite adventures.

Lastoutkast

First Post
Favorite d20 Game: A toss-up between True20:revised and d20 Modern (caveat: d20M using Blood and Fists (RPGObjects), Elements of Magic: Mythic Earth (ENPublishing) if the setting has magic instead of using the default magic fx rules, and Psychic's Handbook (Green Ronin) for settings with mental fx instead of using the default mental fx rules)

True20:revised: I like the damage save mechanic and how Conviction Points works. Plus it had great 3rd party support
d20Modern: For the most part, I like the classes plus there was great third party support.

Favorite d10 Rules: Cinematic Unisystem (Angel, Buffy). Very good mechanics that get out of the way.
I think I found the true20, it's a free download right?

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

Lastoutkast

First Post
I see that you have GURPS Basic Set: Campaigns on your list.
You'll likely need Characters as well. The two books are what comprise the Basic Set.

When the Dungeon Fantasy project is released, you may also want to check that out. It's a standalone GURPS product. It was slated for May 2017, but I believe the hard copy was pushed back to August 2017.

Red Hand of Doom is one of my favorite adventures.
Well looking for more game running/encounter world building. So I wasn't sure if I needed the complete yet.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
3.X in general is my favorite D20 system. 3.5Ed and each of the many variants I've bought have strengths & weaknesses, so no one is truly superior IMHO. Had I the time, I'd blend together the features I liked most.

Lastoutkast

First Post
3.X in general is my favorite D20 system. 3.5Ed and each of the many variants I've bought have strengths & weaknesses, so no one is truly superior IMHO. Had I the time, I'd blend together the features I liked most.
Which features would you blend together?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Which features would you blend together?

Well, I think there are some classes & concepts that are better fleshed out in some variants, like AU/AE's Oathsworn, or some of the various expansions to sorcerous lineages as found in Dragon or Pathfinder. Ditto psionics.

Midnight's backgrounds are cool.

Some feats might have been better as "mandatory" class or subclass options/Altrernative class features.

AU/AE had some nice tweaks to the magic system, with weaker & stronger versions of spells and rules for Effects generated by alternative spell components.

Book of the Righteous did an excellent job of deconstructing divine classes so that players & DMs could design all kinds of nifty clerical or holy warrior variants...for all kinds of faiths and alignments.

If I could have melded a free-form spell system into a melange of all that- a la True20 or M&M (and its magical supplements)- to free more creative players to create their own spells...well, all the better.

Remove ads