• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What's the best D&D product EVAR?

Spanning all editions, what one D&D product (book, boxed set, splat, module, etc.) gave you and your group the most enjoyment?

For me, I feel the ol' nostalgia rising every time I see the 1E Unearthed Arcana. Options books are always my favorites. Sure, it was a tad munchkinny, but it perfectly codified everything I was looking for in an RPG book when I was 13. The Cavalier. The Thief-Acrobat. Hierophant Druids - the original epic levels. The Anything items (soooo twinky). And the beloved Barbarian was born there! Good times...

haiiro

First Post
The old grey Forgotten Realms boxed set. No single product has changed the way I gamed more than that one, or given me more enjoyment in the long run. :D

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
The D&D Basic set: Moldvay edition, with the Keep on the Borderlands module.

My introduction to D&D, and so important. Whilst AD&D may have given a better defined system, Moldvay taught me how to DM, and Keep taught me what a module should be like.

Cheers!

EricNoah

Adventurer
Gray FR Box is up there; I also got a huge amount of pleasure from...

Drow of the Underdark for 2E FR
the original Planescape boxed set
the Sigil city book
Faiths and Avatars for 2E FR

Akrasia

Procrastinator
The Rules Cyclopedia.

Summarized all the D&D rules from the B/X/C/M books of the previous 11 years into a single package, and had a number of nice optional rules as well (e.g. unlimited demi-human progression). It had everything you needed to play a great campaign from level 1 to 36, without any of the "rules bloat" found in other versions of the game (including 3.x).

I still enjoy DM-ing RC games over any other system. :cool:

FireLance

Legend
Dice. I don't remember ever playing a game without them. ;)

I love the plastic D&D minis, too. I would love them even more if they weren't randomized. :\

I also loved the 2e NPC books Uncaged:Faces of Sigil and Blood Enemies: Abominations of Cerilia. Those were the two books that sold me on the respective settings. The FR NPC books were not so well done.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads