What's the coolest ranged exotic weapon?

D20Dazza

Explorer
G'day all,

I'm putting together a Dwarf Noble for a Dragonlance game that's about to start up and I want to give her a bit more flavour by having had her tutored in some exotic ranged weapon as part of her noble up bringing. I'm only wanting to use the core D&D books. So, any suggestions? Appreciate any help.

Have a great rest o' the day/night

cheers

Daz

JimAde

First Post
Shuriken is a good choice. Repeating crossbow strikes me as more "Dwarf-ey" what with all the complicated gadgetry involved.

The core books only have a few exotic ranged weapons, though. Bolas can be fun, especially since dwarves are notoriously bad at chasing people down. :)

rbingham2000

Explorer
JoeGKushner said:
What do you mean by 'core' books? Only WoTC? Only the PHB?
PHB, DMG and MM, presumably.

I would go for one of the repeating crossbows myself. Only problem is: since the mag (bolt holder, cassette, whatever) is up at the top of the weapon, I have no clue as to how the hell you're supposed to aim the thing without the mag getting in your way!

JimAde

First Post
rbingham2000 said:
PHB, DMG and MM, presumably.

I would go for one of the repeating crossbows myself. Only problem is: since the mag (bolt holder, cassette, whatever) is up at the top of the weapon, I have no clue as to how the hell you're supposed to aim the thing without the mag getting in your way!
That's what makes it exotic! :D

Remove ads