• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What's the coolest ranged exotic weapon?

D20Dazza

Explorer
G'day all,

I'm putting together a Dwarf Noble for a Dragonlance game that's about to start up and I want to give her a bit more flavour by having had her tutored in some exotic ranged weapon as part of her noble up bringing. I'm only wanting to use the core D&D books. So, any suggestions? Appreciate any help.

Have a great rest o' the day/night

cheers

Daz

JimAde

First Post
Shuriken is a good choice. Repeating crossbow strikes me as more "Dwarf-ey" what with all the complicated gadgetry involved.

The core books only have a few exotic ranged weapons, though. Bolas can be fun, especially since dwarves are notoriously bad at chasing people down. :)

rbingham2000

Explorer
JoeGKushner said:
What do you mean by 'core' books? Only WoTC? Only the PHB?
PHB, DMG and MM, presumably.

I would go for one of the repeating crossbows myself. Only problem is: since the mag (bolt holder, cassette, whatever) is up at the top of the weapon, I have no clue as to how the hell you're supposed to aim the thing without the mag getting in your way!

JimAde

First Post
rbingham2000 said:
PHB, DMG and MM, presumably.

I would go for one of the repeating crossbows myself. Only problem is: since the mag (bolt holder, cassette, whatever) is up at the top of the weapon, I have no clue as to how the hell you're supposed to aim the thing without the mag getting in your way!
That's what makes it exotic! :D

Remove ads