• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What's the highest level your regular 4e game has reached?

What level has your (highest) 4e campaign reached?

• Low Heroic (1-5)

Votes: 16 15.2%
  • High Heroic (6-10)

Votes: 36 34.3%
  • Low Paragon (11-15)

Votes: 25 23.8%
  • High Paragon (16-20)

Votes: 16 15.2%
  • Low Epic (21-25)

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • High Epic (26-30)

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Not played 4e

Votes: 5 4.8%

Dykstrav

Adventurer
My first 4E campaign went from June 2008 (right when 4E came out) to April of this year. We ended when everyone had just hit 14th level. Paragon tier was slowing things to a crawl--with the high hit point totals of monsters and a plethora of in-play options for characters (particularly immediate interrupts), combats were averaging about an hour and a half. We all agreed that paragon tier was just too slow and started a new campaign at heroic tier. For the foreseeable future, we'll be playing at heroic tier exclusively.

MrMyth

First Post
My group started right when 4E hit, and ran H1-H3 (rotating DMs) which carried the group through to 11. At which point we started a proper campaign at level 1, and that has just hit level 16. We feel Epic growing close, and the excitement continues to build!

KidSnide

Adventurer
My main campaign stared when 3E came out and we got from level 3 to level 7. We converted to 4E shortly after it came out and are just had our first level (to 8 - arguably, I should have started them a little higher).

I'm also in a KotSF / TSL / PoS campaign (with rotating GMs) that just started Trollhaunt Warrens. (We would probably be done with that, but the Trollhaunt GM recently got married.)

-KS

davethegame

Explorer
Fascinating to hear how many TPKs have happened and how they caused new campaigns to be started. I would never do that in my game, so it's interesting to hear how often it's happened to others!

Jack99

Adventurer
Fascinating to hear how many TPKs have happened and how they caused new campaigns to be started. I would never do that in my game, so it's interesting to hear how often it's happened to others!

What do you do when your players TPK? Do you pull a D.E.M. or continue playing as dead souls?

Hejdun

First Post
Between two campaigns, the highest we've gotten is 8th level in 18 sessions. We didn't start 4e until about 8 months after release as we finished our epic 3.5 campaign.

davethegame

Explorer
What do you do when your players TPK? Do you pull a D.E.M. or continue playing as dead souls?

It just never happens. The implicit agreement in my games has been that I won't throw TPK situations at my players and they won't force themselves into TPK scenarios. It's even easier now in Paragon since they have enough contingencies for themselves that they can escape serious situations.

PCs die, but TPKs... doesn't happen in a campaign.

(My one-shot 4e Modern game... now that's another story.)

Wik

First Post
We've been playing in the same setting since 4e came out, with the party just now hitting 9th. Mind you, our sessions are pretty short (I guess three hours?) once a week. I have recently started giving more XP to speed things up, now that I include skill challenges with full XP (something I didn't do until I read Stalker0's obsidian version of skill challenges).

I've had one TPK in that time, with one of the two groups that would later merge to form my current group. That party was killed by a solo level 3 brute created by yours truly (and no, it wasn't super strong or anything... the group just rolled poorly and failed to run when things started looking bad). We've come pretty close to TPK's later on, though.

Jack99

Adventurer
It just never happens. The implicit agreement in my games has been that I won't throw TPK situations at my players and they won't force themselves into TPK scenarios. It's even easier now in Paragon since they have enough contingencies for themselves that they can escape serious situations.

PCs die, but TPKs... doesn't happen in a campaign.

That's cool. If I ever suggested that, my players would revolt and leave the game. According to them, if there is not the chance of TPK/dieing, then the game is not worth playing.

Go figure...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads