D&D 5E What's the next setting? (Did I miss something?)

Mercurius

Legend
Two new settings a year is pushing it. What I think needs to go is the (apparently abandoned) insistence on not revisiting settings.

I think it would work if twice a year we got a new book for either a new setting, or an existing one.

Yep, that sounds good to me.

Why do you say that idea was abandoned, btw? Is something coming out for Forgotten Realms or Eberron?

Holy Bovine

First Post
Spelljammer.

My cousins, brothers, nephews, sisters former roommate works in the same building and overheard them talking about it in the john.

Confirmed!

I know his cousin's brother's nephew's sister's former roommate's ex-accountant and he heard the same thing!

Majoru Oakheart

Adventurer
Why do you say that idea was abandoned, btw? Is something coming out for Forgotten Realms or Eberron?

Yeah, the Neverwinter book is coming out next year to coincide, I believe with the video game Neverwinter that is coming out around the same time. It is a book that just focuses on the city of Neverwinter and the surrounding area in the Forgotten Realms.

Although, my guess is the policy on revisiting old settings didn't so much go away as WOTC and Atari wanted to promote the video game so they broke it this one time.

hopeless

Adventurer
Okay...

Yeah, the Neverwinter book is coming out next year to coincide, I believe with the video game Neverwinter that is coming out around the same time. It is a book that just focuses on the city of Neverwinter and the surrounding area in the Forgotten Realms.

Although, my guess is the policy on revisiting old settings didn't so much go away as WOTC and Atari wanted to promote the video game so they broke it this one time.

A new cartoon series even a web series highlighting any of those settings would work even better.

You know scene opens as a group lumbers into view... the first is a human cleric think Sean Bean but holding a mace instead of a sword, followed after him is a bearded robed dwarf arguing with the third adventurer an elf in light armour carrying a bow in one hand that he's gesturing as they continue their bickering.
And last a halfling fighter gingerly paying more attention to the scenery with a look thats says "What was I thinking! I left my nice warm home with multiple meals just to go walking into the wild with three lunatics and I'm the only one with any sense!"

Well if I am going to suggest this I do get to select who's who even if they're far from what would be considered the "usual" adventuring party!

Still why haven't they given this some thought after all its what we're all waiting for and its the best way to really advertise d&d

What do you think?

vagabundo

Adventurer

At the time they mentioned that they had no future plans to support the settings, but they left the door open on doing future supplements.

I don't see a one off book every so often as change in that policy.

Remove ads