• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E What's the WORST party composition possibly with 4 or 5 characters?

CTurbo

Explorer
One of my campaigns has one of the oddest parties I have ever seen in game play. The class makeup is not the problem as they have one Tempest Cleric, one Archer Fighter, one Open hand Monk, and one Totem Barbarian. Their problem is the races they chose, and the fact that the Cleric is the only character that didn't completely dump Charisma which only exacerbates the problem. They are a Fire Genasi, Firbolg, Lizardfolk, and Bugbear.

CTurbo

Explorer
I have played in an all Fighter party and it was a very good party. Of course the characters were created together to try to keep glaring weaknesses to a minimum. There were 2 Champions, 2 Battlemasters, and one EK all of different races and backgrounds. There was an archer, a TWF, a GWF, and a S&B. At least one character had a high Char and one character had a high Wis. It was a one shot campaign but it was definitely a viable party.

I'd like to revisit the all one class party again. I think a party of Clerics or Paladins would be AWESOME. I think a party full of Monks would be fun to play, but there are definitely some glaring issues with that party.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads