What's the WORST Star Wars movie?

What's the WORST Star Wars movie? (vote for up to 3)

• Ep I: The Phantom Menace

Votes: 52 33.1%
  • Ep 2: Attack of the Clones

Votes: 50 31.8%
  • Ep 3: Revenge of the Sith

Votes: 14 8.9%
  • Ep 4: A New Hope

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Ep 5: The Empire Strikes Back

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Ep 6: Return of the Jedi

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Ep 7: The Force Awakens

Votes: 19 12.1%
  • Ep 8: The Last Jedi

Votes: 56 35.7%
  • Ep 9: The Rise of Skywalker

Votes: 95 60.5%
  • Rogue One

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • Solo

Votes: 16 10.2%

MGibster

Legend
That said, I personally am a little ... whatevered ... about all the people who say that Rian Johnson, one of the best modern directors and storytellers we have, is all "visual style" and no plot. I mean ... really? Compared to ...
I'm not looking at his whole body of work, just TLJ. It's possible for good directors, actors, and writers to turn out something that isn't good.

JiffyPopTart

Bree-Yark
Heh clone wars probably should have been pt 1. We didn't need to see Vader as a kid and the execution was off anyway.
I've really come around to see the good trilogy that I feel is hidden in the prequel movies.

The base storyline should have been (and kind of was?) the gradual decline of Anakin into the dark side. This decline starts when he left his mom (a slave) at a young age to learn to be a Jedi.

The reason Anakin's decline doesn't feel right is that he was for 2.5 movies, a good guy with a single outburst of anger and an arrogant streak. Then for the last .5 he just flips for no apparent reason.

A better written and paced trilogy would have done a much better job at showing Anakin's decline through the trilogy instead of just a few moments that seemed out of character. The Anakin of most of the trilogy is a friendly companion to ObiWan trading witty barbs and having each other's back. There was no sense of decline on screen.

The overall story of the prequels trilogy is solid, it's just not translated to the screen well.

This is opposed to the sequel trilogy which had no discernable overall story.

Haplo781

Legend
I've really come around to see the good trilogy that I feel is hidden in the prequel movies.

The base storyline should have been (and kind of was?) the gradual decline of Anakin into the dark side. This decline starts when he left his mom (a slave) at a young age to learn to be a Jedi.

The reason Anakin's decline doesn't feel right is that he was for 2.5 movies, a good guy with a single outburst of anger and an arrogant streak. Then for the last .5 he just flips for no apparent reason.

A better written and paced trilogy would have done a much better job at showing Anakin's decline through the trilogy instead of just a few moments that seemed out of character. The Anakin of most of the trilogy is a friendly companion to ObiWan trading witty barbs and having each other's back. There was no sense of decline on screen.

The overall story of the prequels trilogy is solid, it's just not translated to the screen well.

This is opposed to the sequel trilogy which had no discernable overall story.
The Clone Wars show does this, and really well, if you skip the filler.

Stalker0

Legend
I'm not looking at his whole body of work, just TLJ. It's possible for good directors, actors, and writers to turn out something that isn't good.
Exactly. I don’t even leave it all on RJs feet. Could have the writers could have been corporate overwrites, whatever. Still doesn’t mean the end product is good

Stalker0

Legend
If by out burst of anger you mean the slaughter of a whole group of people…sure :)

Remove ads