What's This Mysterious D&D Book? [UPDATED!]

As long as it's not 5.5...

seems mildly pathetic to try and rain or pathfinder's parade, but then pathfinder did screw them hard over 4th
While I tease that WotC is planning to time their July announcements for right around the release of the Pathfinder 2 playrest, I doubt WotC really cares about that. D&D is ridiculously larger than Pathfinder.

PHB with necessary proofreading / typos / &c fixed, and errata included?
I thought later printings already did this.

Hmm. Give it decent binding and a better index, and I might just be interested.

The only problem with the PHB's index is the :):):):):):) cross indexing. Cross indexing should not look like this:

Code:
special (weapon property).
    See weapon properties

speed.
    See under movement

It should look like this:

Code:
special (weapon property). 146-147
    See also weapons

speed. 14, 17, 181
    See also movement

This is compared to the 4e books' indexing, which just took the table of contents and alphabetized it. Now that was a :):):):):):) index.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
The only problem with the PHB's index is the :):):):):):) cross indexing. Cross indexing should not look like this:

Code:
special (weapon property).
    See weapon properties

speed.
    See under movement

It should look like this:

Code:
special (weapon property). 146-147
    See also weapons

speed. 14, 17, 181
    See also movement

This is compared to the 4e books' indexing, which just took the table of contents and alphabetized it. Now that was a :):):):):):) index.

I really hate looking something up in the index, only to be told to look at something else in the index when they could have just put the page number with the first thing I looked at.

Doubtful. But my PHB is four years old and has always been just bad enough to really annoy me without ever quite being bad enough to force me to replace it.

I had the same issue but sent an email and photo of the condition to Wizards and they sent a replacement out straight away - was very happy with the customer service.

CM

Adventurer
Is that Halaster? Special cover for the Undermountain book?

Edit: Missed the PHB title on the spine.

Last edited by a moderator:

Remove ads

Remove ads