What's with all the new folks?

smootrk said:
No Offense is meant by my remarks. I am talking in generalities, not about any one individual.
Although they could very well apply to me. :lol:

At least my elitism isn't based on my postcount; it's only been the last few months that I considered that I actually had a high postcount. I'm just an insufferable arrogant bastard.

Or at least I come across as one. :D

Nifft

Penguin Herder
We need the new folks.
It's well known that the Lich-Queen Crothian eats the soul of anyone whose post count exceeds 4k.

-- N

SpiralBound

Explorer
I doubt that there's much of a mystery or external influence at work. It's more likely that you yourself have finally begun noticing the natural conversion of lurkers into posters that happens on most boards. I've been here for "a while", lurking, usually. Most days, there's nothing very little interesting enough for me to comment on. When there is, I post. I expect that many of the "new people" you're noticing are in the same category as I am. Either that or it's yet another Amish Internet Conspiracy! ;)

Knight Otu

First Post
Nifft said:
We need the new folks.
It's well known that the Lich-Queen Crothian eats the soul of anyone whose post count exceeds 4k.

-- N
So that's the strange feeling I'm having...:uhoh:

Post counts could be removed in my opinion, as they only add to the eliteist feel of these boards.
Possibly, though apparantly they are also useful for the mods in a "That Otu guy should know better with his ton of posts that to do THAT!" way.

Knight "Not that I'd DO that" Otu

Galethorn

First Post
I have to agree that there's a certain amount of elitism among those with the 4-5 digit postcounts, and that such a thing isn't healthy for the forum...

So, I think it should be replaced by elitism among those of us who have been here long enough to remember what it was like back in the old days...

When men were men, and the shaftedness of rangers was the main item of contention!

Or not.

On a semi-related note to those with low postcounts; join PbP games here on the forums when they show up; I have yet to see a faster (productive) way of building up posts.

reveal

Adventurer
Joshua Dyal said:
Although they could very well apply to me. :lol:

At least my elitism isn't based on my postcount; it's only been the last few months that I considered that I actually had a high postcount. I'm just an insufferable arrogant bastard.

Or at least I come across as one. :D

Let's see....

Insufferable? Check!
Arrogant? Check!
Bastard? Check!

Congrats on your new title! :p

reveal

Adventurer
smootrk said:
You do realize that eliteist attitudes are probably the biggest reason that newer folks do not post? They lurk and lurk, sometimes never joining the fray.

Not trying to be elitise here. :)

But I have noticed that, in the last month or so, there are a lot more people with postcounts in the single- or low double-digit range than I remember ever seeing before. But seeing how I can't even remember what I had for lunch yesterday, that's not saying much.

Remove ads