Votes: 4 3.3%
  • D&D 3e

Votes: 100 82.6%
  • Other

Votes: 4 3.3%

Joker

First Post
mzsylver said:
why am i the only one that picked 2e so far...

*hiding in terror*

i almost picked Original D&D.

You're not. I did too.

The reason why I don't like 3E is because of several things:

-It's unbelievably simple. It's the simplest simpleton in the simple history of simpleness. Of course, that's what makes it more accessible to people new to the game.

-Magic Item creation has become so simple and addictive. I need help.

There are more, I just can't think of em now.

Tata.

Akunin

First Post
I like 3e the best, and never really got into 1e, though I liked it better than 2e. My second favorite is OD&D.

/me hugs his Red and Blue Boxes.

Omegium

First Post
just played 2e for half a year, and a lot of baldurs gate, but I really like the third system. The only good thing about thaco was its pronounciation, it sounds better than "to hit" or BAB

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
I've played and loved most of the incarnations of D&D, but I honestly think D&D 3e is the best, and the d20 movement is really great.

Tsyr

Explorer
Joker said:

The reason why I don't like 3E is because of several things:

-It's unbelievably simple. It's the simplest simpleton in the simple history of simpleness. Of course, that's what makes it more accessible to people new to the game.

Ahhh...

You have not played Talislanta I see :)

Codragon

First Post
Nice poll - go 3E!

I gotta go with 3E. My main reason is the smooth core mechanic (d20). Roll a d20, beat this number. Simple. Saves the complexity for plots and adventure design. The faster new players can learn the hobby, the better. Get on with the game itself!

1E had its good points, but other than for nostalgic reasons, it can't compete with 3E. IMO.

2E had many, many, many "OPTIONAL" supplements. Some of which were good, some bad, and some in between, but I think there were too many. Between those and the various (needed, IMO) house rules I don't think any two groups played the same version of 2E in the end. Not to mention it was chock full of rules inconsistencies. That was very bad and 3E needed to come out when it did.

I'm not sure what OD&D is. If its pre-1E, then I've never played it or read any of the books. If it's the Mystara "demihuman-races-are-classes" D&D I have about the same thoughts about it as 1E.

As a side note, I just bought the Hackmaster PHB and GMG. Love them! Not sure when I'll get to play it, but they have tons of good tables and whatnot useable for any FRPG. Go KenzerCo (tm)! (No, I don't work for them)

Wild Karrde

First Post
I threw my vote towards 3E. We used to play 1E all the time then my group made the move to 2E and that killed it for us. From then on we pretty much just used the HERO system and played Champions. Then I picked up 3E on a lark to see what was happening to the game that got me started on it all.

WHOA!! blown away. Now we play 3E all the time. All the other players got interested and even grabbed two people who have never played before.

3E all the way baby and having a blast.

Joker

First Post
Tsyr said:

Ahhh...

You have not played Talislanta I see :)

Huh?

Anyway, if it's anywhere near as fun as Alternity, I'd like it. I also really like the Grim n Gritty rules.

And about 2E vs 3E: The supplements in 2E were IMO better than in 3E. Too be more precise, Spell&Magic and Combat&Tactics were great.

Remove ads