What's your favorite NEW story hour?

Enkhidu

Explorer
Piratecat, Sepulchrave, Destan, Sagiro - long time readers of the story hour forum know these names all too well. They're like the anchor stores in the SH Mall (as for who's Sears and Who's Macy's, I don't know!), and when they update the crowds will come to read. But what about smaller story hours, the ones with less floor space and not as much signage? Well here's your chance to pimp your favorite!

Here's the guidelines:

1. Pimp current and less trafficked story hours - for the purposes of this thread, let's make the cut at regularly updated threads with no more than 10K views.

2. Pimp someone else's story hour, not your own. This should be a chance for readers to spread the good word to other readers. Besides, pimping your own SH is as easy as putting it in a signature.

So let the pimping begin!

Angcuru

First Post
Well, I keep a selection of really good story hours in my sig. Some well known, some not. But for the purposes of this thread:

Star Wars - Heroes of Another Kind - A very unique story, IMO, and VERY under-read. Even if you're not a big fan of Star Wars, you'll enjoy this one.

Last edited:

Dakkareth

First Post
I count Shemeska's as a 'new' SH, but that 'loth gets more attention than your guidelines allow, so I'm not advertising it here ... ;)

But it will be nice to see recommendations for new SHs to read :)

Hello all.

Well, having just re-emerged onto the boards I'm reading...

The Heroes of Icemist
Loved Small Beginnings, so this is progression for me! Great to have something familiar to come back to. Great writing, well fleshed out characters and crazy little details.

The Blade of Phoee
I glanced at this one, then was quickly hooked by the world idea. Very nice. Great epic potential...

Shemmy's planescape Storyhour 2
Well, this is my first foray into Shemmy's worlds, and well, the Kyton sold it to me and then the Mindflayer made me invest. Definately one I'm keeping track of. Nice writing also!

Well, that's it as so far - looking for more though.

Spider

Mortepierre

First Post
If we're talking about the new 'rising stars' (through the pages of this board :p ), then I would go with:

The Happenings of Lucifus Cray, the background of a most intriguing Alienist

We were like gods once, a WWII SH with the most funny bot you'll ever meet

Seravin's Tales of the Night Below. If you have never played through that fantastic (2E) boxed set, now is your chance to get a look at it.. from the inside out! ;)

Alea Iacta, a 'historical' SH set in ancient Rome. Mandatory reading to any fan of the old (2E) HR series. Heck, mandatory reading to anyone!

and, last but not least, Pogre's Zandyrium SH. Fast, furious and funny :lol:

I've got a few I like to read that I'd highly recommend to others:
Carpedavid's Land of the Crane - I wish he'd started this SH earlier, I've found so many things I wish I had included in my own campaign.

Rel's the Quests of Samantha the Red - This one is just plain too cute. Frequent updates on everyone's favorite little fighter (or is she a barbarian? Do small children automatically get ranks in barbarian? :))

Finally, Q-Ship by Capellan. I know it technically has 13k views, but goshdarnit, its that good! :)

hbarsquared

Quantum Chronomancer
Although not updated often, necessarily, it is updated regularly. If you have had any experience with the MIDNIGHT campaign setting, I would suggest Of Fey and Shadow. Very well written, great descriptive scenes, and it really gives you a feel for the darkness of the setting.

Remove ads