D&D 5E What's your favorite race/class combination?

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Half-Elf Bard/anything. Pre-2e, Half-Elf Ranger/Cleric or Mage/Cleric.

Honorable mention to Dwarven Wizard, if only to break the dwarven stereotype.

Mephista

Adventurer
Tiefling warlocks will always be my first love. Followed by a human paladin, a dragonborn bard, and an elvish... something that feels like a woodsy primal spellblade type. It changes between editions.

Morlock

Banned
Banned
Human Fighter.

I like the idea of a person who, in a world of magic and creatures with strange abilities, gets by on a combination of grit and hard-won skill.
This. I like the idea of playing five different human fighters, and having none of them seem to be "generic" in actual play, or even remotely similar in terms of roleplaying.

Edit: reminds me of the first thing that popped into my head when people were hyperventilating over 13th Age's One Unique Thing:

"How 'bout 'Nothing; I'm the only one here who isn't a GD special snowflake?'"

Last edited:

guachi

Hero
Human Bard, 2e style. Because that was my favorite PC ever. I guess it'd be more like an Arcane Trickster considering how I played him and how a 2e Bard works.

Ashrym

Legend
Human bard. I like the variety of concepts in one class and the Renaissance style of a bit of many things.

Fighters and rogues have really grown on me in this edition as well with the champion and thief subclasses in particular.

EzekielRaiden

Follower of the Way
reminds me of the first thing that popped into my head when people were hyperventilating over 13th Age's One Unique Thing:

"How 'bout 'Nothing; I'm the only one here who isn't a GD special snowflake?'"

Well, we made it to 12 posts before someone had to crap on other peoples' gaming. I suppose that's worth something.

As for me: in a game-generic sense, Dragonborn Paladin all the way. I find the 5e Dragonborn painfully lackluster though, so I dunno what I'd want to play in it.

Remove ads