• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What's your favorite Superhero movie?

What's your favorite Superhero movie?

Huh? He's one of the original superheroes. He was a pioneer who helped define what a superhero was.
I think he's getting at the fact that Batman doesn't have any super powers. Therefore he's not really a "super" hero.

I couldn't decide between the original Superman or the Original Spiderman. In the end I voted for Superman, because it does such a good job and has held up well over the years.

Movies not on the list (and probably shouldn't be):
Spawn
Captain America
The Punisher
Batman and Robin
League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

Also, I think the Hulk was probably my biggest disappointment. I really looked forward to it, and it just sucked in almost every regard.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
I was watching Robocop yesterday - forgot how much I liked its funked up quirky vision of the near-future Detroit!

Batman IS a superhero - both physically and mentally he is a peek human specimen (like Tarzan), his powers of observation are unparalleled (except by Sherlock Holmes) and his array of gadgets are aweinspiring (like Iron Man and his suit)

he maynot be super-human but he is 'superior' to the majority of humans

oh and I was watching Hulk yesterday (there was a Marvel marathon on Sky) - it sucks as a superhero movie but works well as a monster movie and Hulk is primarily about a monster not a hero

Villano

First Post
I'd count as my favorites (in no particular order):

Batman
X-Men
Blade
The Crow
The Incredibles
The Punisher (apparently, I'm one of the few)
Hulk (ditto)
Rocketeer
Hellboy
Swamp Thing

I haven't seen Batman Begins or Fantastic Four, yet, so I can't include them.

But, as for my favorite:

The live-action version of Cutie Honey! It's just...fun! :D

Last edited:

Asmo

First Post
danbuter said:
I picked Hellboy, though I think the recent Punisher movie should be listed.

For the love of God, no please don´t list Punisher, it was a nightmare. Why, Travolta,why?!

Asmo

Silver Moon

Adventurer
Plane Sailing said:
FWIW I always enjoyed the TV movie "Dr Strange" http://www.steveenglehart.com/Film/Dr Strange movie.html

Sure it had lots of sucky bits, but I loved it for the astral plane they did :)
I agree. Of all of the Marvel TV movies/shows from the late 70's/early 80's (Captain America, Dr. Strange, Hulk, Spiderman, and also add Thor & Daredevil from the Hulk follow-up movies) I thought that Dr. Strange was by far the best one. The special effects were quite good for the time and the acting was good as well. Several friends nitpicked that they changed his origin (psychiatrist instead of surgeon) but I thought it worked quite well with the changes.

TheAuldGrump

First Post
Jondor_Battlehammer said:
X-men 2, but it was tough. But what about Mystery Men?

Heh, I once ran a 'supers' game where the characters were the rejects who were turned down at the barbecue... Waffleman!

The Auld Grump, silly game...

Mean Eyed Cat

Explorer
Jondor_Battlehammer said:
X-men 2, but it was tough. But what about Mystery Men?

Mystery Men is my favorite.

"I forgot my address book. Have you seen it? It's denim... with a kitten on the front... says 'hang tough'..." - Mr. Furious

Remove ads