Level Up (A5E) What's your favorite thing about Level Up?

WinnableBadger

Explorer
It has to be the combat manuvers. Not only are they balanced but they will bring so much more fun to playing a martial character. Not only this, but it has led to classes gaining more out of combat options, as their levels are taken up less with combat stuff. Having fighters be so much more than just lots of attacks, while still retaining the fantasy of playing an expert warrior, is amazing to me. I can't wait to Countershot missiles out of the air, fight back to back with my Sanguine Knot allies, brand my enemies with a Dangerous Signature, Death Blow a Boss, Redirect a killing blow, become Unstoppable in the face of paralysis, pull off a Wounded Animal Gambit and make an awesome Victory Pose (even if I wish the effect was better :unsure:)

Too many things to choose from, but at the moment it's the new, mostly social, abilities for all the not-traditionally-a-party-face classes. And it's not just that they get a buff here or there - it's that these abilities are absolutely dripping with flavour and RP prompts. And they make sense too. I mean, Carousing for Fighters?! So, so good.

WanderingMystic

Adventurer
If I had to chose the one thing that just made it worth every penny I spent on the books, that one thing that made my day when I saw it? In that case it would have to be the gremlins, these little magical items are an absolute gem and while they might not make the biggest difference in game play they delighted me to no end.

Steampunkette

Rules Tinkerer and Freelance Writer
Supporter
Journey.

I may be temporarily obsessed with awesome class, heritage, and culture updates. But nothing compares to the Journey System for increasing the system variety of the game while still providing a fantasy roleplaying adventure.

Though the added depth of cultures and classes, the doomed condition, and the Marshal class being added to the game are all -super- close at hand. Also the Combat Maneuver system for fighty-types...

... I love the whole system, okay?!

Remove ads