Level Up (A5E) What's your favorite thing about Level Up?

Vampersan

Explorer
I think the Origin stuff is my favorite thing. I really like the Heritage, Culture, Background, and Destiny combo that constitutes your origin, instead of just race/subrace. Honestly, the way your team has re-written backgrounds is truly spectacular. Normally these were just an after thought for me in O5e, but now they feel like a meaningful part of my character. :)

VanguardHero

Adventurer
Characters that don't feel like pregens/feeling like the aspects on the sheet matter/classbalance/Martial characters being dynamic and fun/basically everything to do with character building xD

Possibly though what is most shockingly impressive? That Villager turned Fighter is actually a synergistic build AND one that I'd want to play instead of just the most overdone cliche.

niklinna

satisfied?
What I like most, as I read from the beginning (I'm halfway through Origins), is how organic it all feels. The heritages, cultures, and such have a real narrative feel, not the bags of features of O5E, half of them crap. Every feature in A5E, even those that look more limited than O5E type origin features, clearly has a purpose and will be useful at some point. Many features are clearly designed to fit well with particular classes, too, or to effectively supplement a "non-optimal" or "non-syergistic" class. The classes I've looked at have a similar well-motivated feel.

Reading O5E, I felt I was struggling to find combinations of race/class that fit my concepts for characters. With A5E, I find that every new section I read inspires multiple new, realizable concepts i hadn't even considered before!

Last edited:

Remove ads