• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E What's your favorite two item combo?

ChrisCarlson

First Post
I gotta say I wanted to respond with: Devil's Sight + Darkness. It's just that its so circumstantially useful. So many times I've found it is not the best option to go with in the moment.

Using just two pieces (spell, feat, normal feature), what are your favorite combos?

I was thinking of mixing Shield Master's bonus action push with Booming Blade, then I went and read Shield Master and it requires the attack action. Now I'm wondering if you could push with the bonus attack from the EK's War Magic.

Blindsight abuse: Darkness/Fog Cloud + Conjure Animals (King Cobras/Giant Poisonous Snake)/Animate Objects.

I also love Mage Armor + Moon Druid wildshape. AC 15 Giant Hyenas at level 2 for the win!

Animate Undead (equipped with nets) + Stinking Cloud is amusing and powerful.

-Max

mellored

Legend
Greater invisibility + cunning action. (warlock 7 + rogue 2).

Why yes, you where stabbed by something that you can't find, and might be standing next to you waiting for an opportunity attack.

There are many good combos. The one I'm currently working on involves a variant human Barbarian/Rogue with Shield Master. At 6th level, when Raging with a STR of 18 and Expertise in Athletics he's at +10 with Advantage when shoving a Large or smaller creature over with his Bonus Action push. Then it's Advantage for all ensuing melee attacks on that target until they stand up. When he hits 8th level he'll go Swashbuckler and be able to move away without provoking an AoO, too.

AaronOfBarbaria

Adventurer
Some of my favorite two "item" combos:

A necromancer and an assassin (my only two character campaign thus far in 5th edition, and it has rocked).

A wolf-totem barbarian and a champion (the champion being my only PC thus far in 5th edition, and the barbarian being my most frequent and reliable source of boosted critical hit chance).

A bottleneck and spirit guardians (I watched a 6th level party of 3 characters take on a baker's dozen wights and come out victorious because of smart play based around maximizing the benefit of this spell).

AaronOfBarbaria

Adventurer
Very cool. Sounds like its practically dripping with angsty, anti-hero awesomeness.

Jealousy. setting. in...

;)
It's shockingly low-angst. Both characters are entirely too pragmatic and unapologetic for angst. Yet they are anti-heroes, rather than villains, because of that very pragmatism (stay on the winning team, even if they don't like you much as a person, because the game of life is win or die).

ChrisCarlson

First Post
It's shockingly low-angst. Both characters are entirely too pragmatic and unapologetic for angst. Yet they are anti-heroes, rather than villains, because of that very pragmatism (stay on the winning team, even if they don't like you much as a person, because the game of life is win or die).
I was more going for the alliteration, than anything. ;)

Still sounds like a blast. I very much enjoy small PC group size games. Much more intimate and personalized, IMX. Kudos.

iserith

Magic Wordsmith
I'm a fan of my beast master ranger's net plus charging boar combo. Red Creek Rufus restrains the target with a net while Belvedere charges it down. With some favorable rolls, the enemy is restrained and prone which is a nice combination.

Saeviomagy

Adventurer
Glyph of warding + teleport circle for a hilarious no-save trap
Demiplane + sequester for a demiplane that can never be accessed by anyone but you, because even you didn't look at the item that you sequestered within it.
Keen mind + teleport - because glancing at it now counts as familiar.
Keen mind + any illusion spell - because you can reproduce anything you have seen or heard

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads