• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E What's your favorite uncommon magic item?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
While I like the Immovable Rod, my favorite is the Quiver of Ehlonna. At least in prior editions- I haven't picked up 5th yet- it had utility not only as a polydimensional weapons storage device, but could also hold items good for non-combat use as well.

Thyrwyn

Explorer
Weapon of Warning. I hate surprises and advantage on initiative is huge. Took it for my paper mâché bard and do not regret it at all.

Paraxis

Explorer
Thank you!

This is definitely a possibility. The Greco-Roman pantheon is being used and I can have a backstory with my deity being Poseiden.

I'm leaning towards an Eldritch Knight, so an Amulet of Intellect is a possibility too.

If going Eldritch Knight a good magical thrown weapon to have a weapon bond with would be good too.

Javelin of Lightning is very nice, as one of your attacks per day and weapon bond brings it back to your hand easy enough.

Trident of Fish Command, I would normally stay away from it but you mentioned Poseidon so it could be cool too.

suden

First Post
Winged boots are great, 4 hours of flight time per day in 1 minute increments. Takes care of the issue of falling in water in plate. Handy especially around level 4, where casters can't cast fly yet but a dm can use manticores. Even if you just use them to ignore difficult terrain they are worthwhile, but if you need to scale a wall, cross a chasm, or an archer is shooting at you from atop a tower, they are invaluable.

indemnity

First Post
Philter of Love - so much RP goodness.

When I DM for random magic objects I do so in front of the group. It can break the story but it's always good for laughs and makes the PCs feel clever when a random item saves the day. Helps personalize my story telling too.

Remove ads