What's your Kickstarter success rate?

Balesir

Adventurer
Of 39 backed I so far have not received all the reward parts of 13. 4 of those are recent and not expected to have fully delivered, yet, leaving 9 late or missing, only 1 of which I have given up on (others are late - sometimes very late - but have delivered something and/or have kept up good communication.

If Indigogo is included, those figures become 46 backed with 14 (partly) outstanding, of which 5 are recent/not due. The final total MIA is therefore 9, one of which I regard as "dead". Out of the remainder, I have received some unique material and some damn fine games :)

aramis erak

Legend
So far...
backed 7:
  • 4 fully delivered: 8 minute Empires Legends, 8 Minute Empires Lost Lands, Torchbearer, Iron Empires: Void.
  • 1 - I got my stuff, but others are still waiting the final (Traveller5 - everyone's gotten everything but the errata free 5.1 document)
  • 1 - partial delivery so far, good updates, reasons for delays plausible, some portions delivered. A Land of Narrow Paths
  • 1 - too soon to tell - just closed. Marc Miller's Agent of the Imperium novel.

Would have backed two that later failed to deliver if I had had the money.

Backed 1 that failed to fund.

Based on others replies it looks like I'm either good at picking projects that look like they may have issues in getting completed or I've been very lucky (and I'm betting it's the latter).

I thought about backing the Centre Stage Miniatures Kickstarter and the KotDT live action series, but decided against both for reasons I can no longer remember. There are probably a couple of others too.

I'm definitely a lot more discerning when choosing whether or not to back Kickstarters compared to when I first started backing.

nogrod

Villager
Well,

My numbers are 123 backed, 4 currently running.

Of those I have had 18 outstanding but seeming on track, 5 major fails, about 15 with missing items but with a good explanation and the rest more or less delivered.

I feel pretty good considering the odds.

Zach

Remove ads