• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Whedon does Wonder Woman

Lord Pendragon

First Post
FCWesel said:
Actually Claudia Black from FARSCAPE would be a good WW me thinks, now that I think about it.
I could see that.
CrusaderX said:
Anne is 22. And at the risk of sounding sexist, younger is better. Christopher Reeve (may he rest in peace) was the ultimate Superman, no doubt, but even he was showing his age by the time Superman IV came around. They need to cast someone who will still look the part for Wonder Woman II and III. Which, at the risk of sounding sexist again, is why a 35 year old wouldn't be the best choice. Wonder Woman should be a franchise character, so casting fairly young (not too young, but 22 is fine) is smart.
It doesn't matter how old Anne Hathaway is, it matters how old she looks. And the very same quality that allows her to play teenagers in movies like The Princess Diaries makes her too young-looking to properly portray the indomitable Wonder Woman.

I wonder if the woman Alex Ross used as his model for Wonder Woman in Kingdom Come has any acting experience? :p [Edit to add] Although I guess she'd be too old for an "origin" WW story, such as the first movie is likely to be.

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
John Crichton said:
Morena Baccarin has the acting chops (just like SMG) to pull it off and sorta has the look. I think she is a tad small. Same for Connelly (but she could certainly do it).

I think she'd make a great WW.

http://www.morena-baccarin.com/fireflypages/firefly8.html

But what about Claudia Black? She's definitely tough enough.

Wait...

FCWesel said:
Actually Claudia Black from FARSCAPE would be a good WW me thinks, now that I think about it.

Missed this post. Oh well, good minds think alike. :D

KF72

Attachments

• cb_xena04.jpg
    cb_xena04.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 70
  • cb_herc28..jpg
    cb_herc28..jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

Lord Pendragon

First Post
Ranger REG said:
Well, it is a proven fact, models make better actors, Lord Pendragon. Look at Pamela Anderson. :p
*Gack!*

:p

Between Morena and Claudia, it seems to me you have to decide which feature is more important to the Wonder Woman character. Morena is hotter than Claudia (though Claudia's certainly hot,) while Claudia seems far more capable of projecting that "kick your ass" Amazon aura, than Morena.

I've never seen any of Monica Bellucci's work except for her part in the Matrix movies, which was too small to really guage her acting ability. She certainly has the look, though.

Bill Scott

First Post
FCWesel said:

OH HELL NO!!! WW is supposed to be hot. Claudia Black is dog ugly in my opinion. Personally, I would go with Kate Bechingsdale, Eliza Dushku or Kiera Knightly

John Crichton

First Post
Bill Scott said:
Claudia Black is dog ugly in my opinion.
For the record, I've met her in person and she is gorgeous (and let's not forget the sexy accent). She actually looked better live than on TV. Which is odd. But carry on...

Ranger REG

Explorer
Bill Scott said:
OH HELL NO!!! WW is supposed to be hot. Claudia Black is dog ugly in my opinion. Personally, I would go with Kate Bechingsdale, Eliza Dushku or Kiera Knightly
Hudson Leick is good. She kicked ass as villainess Callisto in Xena. She needs to dye her hair (I'd rather she not wear wig).
Jessica Biel pretty much earned her scar in Blade: Trinity.
Another Jessica ... Alba, not Simpson ... used to be brunette in Dark Angel.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads