• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wheel of Time Netbook needs cover

Sidran

First Post
Ok in the nature of willingness to have someone ink my sketches I did the following rough stuff this evening at work first Up an Aiel Warrior running (or falling???) :p

Sidran

First Post
Well the other had some troubles so here is the Tuatha'dan woman (needs some work but I love the face)

I orriginally wanted to color her, and the Aiel Warrior but I found the task to much for my small art program

Attachments

• tuatha\'dan.jpg
    tuatha\'dan.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 297
Last edited:

s/LaSH

First Post
OK, here's how I ink: I have my pencils on the paper, I draw over them with fine-tip markers (and sometimes an ink brush), then erase the pencil. I've never actually tried inking on a separate page before. Further, when I scan and edit, the file I use is very large - two thousand pixels across and three thousand down, easily (scanned at 200dpi). Even then I find I have a little difficulty making out fine details from the original. The final product is severely shrunken to what you see at my site.

This all adds up to me drawing the conclusion that my inking pencils transferred via computer would either be impossible, or would result in a distortion of the penciller's intent. However, I might take a crack at it anyway. (Oh, and there's no way you'd get physical pencils to me - I'm based in New Zealand, and I surmise the rest of you are not. Postage will eat all the time you have and then some, and I wouldn't trust it in the first place.)

Don't rule me out just yet.

Now, as to a related matter:

Sidran, what art program are you using? I use The Gimp, which is free and about as powerful as Photoshop. It's a little buggy, but I like it. However, colouring pencils is always nasty; they're very fuzzy, unlike inks. I tried it today on an unrelated matter and the results are... shall we say, mixed. (Oh, you'll want lots of RAM and hard drive space to run GIMP; it's a 'real' editor.)

Priest

First Post
I Did it

I went ahead and changed my callsign, I just kind of needed a change...Sidran will still be around on some posts ( and of course I will sign my art as Sidran still but Priest is the new CS for me for awhile at least.

Eosin the Red

First Post
Ahhh, Sidran the Priest it is.

I meant to comment on your drawings but life has been eating into my computer time this week. They are pretty good sketches. I like both of them. When colored they could be really nice. Perhaps the new paint program will work :D

Priest

First Post
Ok S/lash I downloaded the program a few days ago and now I try and install it and it eats itself how do you get it to work, and is there any zipped download for all those parts

Remove ads