• Three more books

Votes: 14 20.9%
  • Four more books

Votes: 18 26.9%
  • More than four books

Votes: 30 44.8%

The Green Man

First Post
How soon do you think this series will be over?

I'm betting on four books, as the series ending on Book 13 would be weirdly appropriate, given the significance of 13 in the series. But Jordan could always surprise me...

Also, if you could, post some of your predictions for what'll happen in the remainder of the series -- here's my guesses.

- Mat, Thom, and Olver (at least) will descend into Foxland via the Tower of Ghenjei and rescue Moiraine, but at the expense of Mat's foxhead medallion. Upon returning, Moiraine will kick Cyndane's booty.

- It will be at last revealed that Demandred has been hiding out as not Mazrim Taim, but as Masema "The Prophet".

- Perrin will play an important role in Tarmon'gaidon (about time he did something useful!). Time will be destroyed and will progress linearally rather than cyclically. I'm unsure whether the Power will be destroyed, as well.

- We'll finally find out who the heck Shaidar Haran is.

- Lews Therin will shut up and quit whining (well, one can always hope!).

Last edited:

loser

First Post
more than 4

he said in the same interview that he originally thought the whole series would just be a trilogy and that he has said only 3 more books before. further elaborating he said his ultimate answer to all things asked about wheel of time, "RAFO!" (read and find out, to the uninitiated). I say more than 4

Well, I tend to think it will be over in one more book. From what I understand about Jordan, and from what I gather from history (i'll explain in a sec) it lends credibility to ending at a tenth book. From the historical perspective, no composer has ever made it past his 9th opus, work, whatever you want to call it. Jordan, to me, seems to be the kind of guy who knows this and intends to end the series. In addition, from an economical perspective, the sales of the series is slowly going down, as the fans are getting tired. "The story should end, dammit!" they cry. While it is an excellent series, it has been my impression from many that it is too stretched out.

Aaron L

Hero
He always says "3 more books"

Every time Jordan has been asked, for the past 3 or 4 books, how many books til it's over, he has said "3 more books". That's his stock answer. And there is no way it can be over in one more book without being totally chessy- how many things have to be wrapped up? I personally have no problem with it continuing on for 5 or 6 more books. I like a long series, and I like always having something to look forward to reading.

I'd guess four. Unless he throws in some new stuff he could do it, even with his tendency to ramble. And I suspect he'll leave a few things hanging, after all 'there are neither begginings nor endings' Uh oh, i just realized this series could go on forever <groan>

Ruvion

First Post
More than 4!

Regarding my theories on WoT:

Originally posted by The Green Man
- Mat, Thom, and Olver (at least) will descend into Foxland via the Tower of Ghenjei and rescue Moiraine, but at the expense of Mat's foxhead medallion. Upon returning, Moiraine will kick Cyndane's booty.

Plausible...I know Thom will definately go (and subsequently marry the Aes Sedai)...Mat and Olver played Snakes and Foxes often but that doesn't mean they will also go (though it is probable that Mat might end up going to cause a ruckus since he's Tave'ren).

- It will be at last revealed that Demandred has been hiding out as not Mazrim Taim, but as Masema "The Prophet".
Interesting...I never thought Masema wasn't Masema...though due to insanity that Perrin smells from him I find it unlikely that he could be anyone but Ishamael/Moridin if he's a Chosen at all.

- Perrin will play an important role in Tarmon'gaidon (about time he did something useful!). Time will be destroyed and will progress linearally rather than cyclically. I'm unsure whether the Power will be destroyed, as well.
That will unmake time and finally kill all the Heroes of the Horn. I'm not sure about this one.

- We'll finally find out who the heck Shaidar Haran is.
The first time Shaidar Haran showed up, I think in book 5, I said to myself "The Pattern in Shayol Gul must be getting thinner and allowing the Dark One greater access. He's just created an Avatar!"

- Lews Therin will shut up and quit whining (well, one can always hope!).
:D

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
A book each two years for as long as Robert Jordan lives. I think it willl be more than 4 (and 8!) books.
I don't know if adding :) or :( ...

Bran Blackbyrd

Explorer
I'm going to say four more. To be honest, I hope it's more than that. As long as they all end like Winter's Heart's last chapter. :) What an ending! It was worth the price of the whole hardback.
The only book I was really dissapointed with was Path of Daggers. It seemed too short, resolved virtually nothing, and introduced more plot complications when it should have been doing what was done in WH.
But WH made up or all of that. Hehe.

Edit: I'm up way too late.

Last edited:

Remove ads