• Three more books

Votes: 14 20.9%
  • Four more books

Votes: 18 26.9%
  • More than four books

Votes: 30 44.8%

Enforcer

Explorer
I just hope he finishes it before he dies...

He's not that old, but you never know what sort of freak accident can happen. Damn, I know that sounds really selfish, but I'd be more than a little pissed if something like that happened.

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
What if a morning he wakes up and decides he doesn't like writing anymore?
But if he leaves he story unfinished because he grows tired of Rand, Mat and the other whiners?
:p

Tsyr

Explorer
Enforcer said:
I just hope he finishes it before he dies...

He's not that old, but you never know what sort of freak accident can happen. Damn, I know that sounds really selfish, but I'd be more than a little pissed if something like that happened.

You know, when I first heard that King got hit by a car, I remember my first thought was "At least it wasn't RJ".

And that disgusted me as much as it probably will you once I thought about it.

But it still scares me that it's a possibility.

A2Z

Explorer
The Green Man said:
- It will be at last revealed that Demandred has been hiding out as not Mazrim Taim, but as Masema "The Prophet".
Hasn't Mesema been around since the first book? I don't think it's very likely that Demandred has been masquerading as Mesema all that time. Espescially since they had just escaped from the Bore at the end of book one, right?

[Edited for spelling]

Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
Re: Re: Wheel of Time [possible spoilers]

A2Z said:
Hasn't Mesema been around since the first book? I don't think it's very likely that Demandred has been masquerading as Mesema all that time. Espescially since they had just escaped from the Bore at the end of book one, right?

Masema appeared very briefly in EotW, was around a lot in TGH, flipped out just before Moiriane and Perrin left the Shienarans in TDR, and was next seen as The Prophet in FoH.

Anyway, while it's pretty clear that all of the Forsaken were free by The Dragon Reborn, and that only Ishamael, Aginor, and Bethamel were free in The Eye of the World, it's not clear if Lanfear was the only one added to the list in The Great Hunt, or if everyone was, and the others just kept quiet.

Here's when they show up in the books, though...

Ishamael... aparently was free well before the main timeline of EotW
Aginor... EotW
Bethamel... EotW
Lanfear... TGH
Sammael... TDR
Rahvin... TDR
Be'lal... TDR
Asmodean... TSR
Moghedien... TSR
Graendal... FoH
Semirhage... LoC
Mesaana... LoC
Demandred... LoC

Holy Bovine

First Post
When i first picked up Eye of the World about 10 years ago I thought is was a great. The Great Hunt was even better and Dragon Reborn was a suberb ending to the series.

Then more books started showing up.

I read Shadow Rising and was dissappointed but not entirely turned off. Fires of Heaven killed it for me.

Now I feel Jordan will continue to write these books until it becomes unprofitable.

And that is not going to happen anytime soon.:mad:

Tsyr

Explorer
I'm always puzzled over why people -who say they have stopped reading the series- complain that it's still going on. Really, if you aren't reading it, why do you care? It should be those of us who still buy the books in hardcover when they come out to read them that have a right to complain :D

A2Z

Explorer
So I was right then. Demandred can't be Masema. Although personally, I've entertained the idea that all the Forsaken had escaped by the beginning of TGH. They almost have to have escaped by then to have all these schemes and plans. I mean three of them managed to become rulers of nations by the beginning of TDR. Belal in Tear, Samael in Ilian and Rahvin in Andor. That's got to take a little time anyway.

Storm Raven

First Post
Holy Bovine said:
Now I feel Jordan will continue to write these books until it becomes unprofitable.

And that is not going to happen anytime soon.:mad:

I believe that Jordan will continue writing these books forever. The series will never end. You will never figure out what the final resolution is, because thirty years from now, Jordan will be cranking out the 37th volume in the saga. And nothing of any consequence will happen in that book either.

Last edited:

Mr. Grimm

First Post
Tsyr said:
I'm always puzzled over why people -who say they have stopped reading the series- complain that it's still going on. Really, if you aren't reading it, why do you care? It should be those of us who still buy the books in hardcover when they come out to read them that have a right to complain :D

Sorry but those of us who bought the hardcovers also have that right. We care because we invested ourselves into reading however many books and pages we did hoping the series would someday meet our expectations -- of an ending! I used to wait to find out when the next volume would come out and then re-read the prior books. And I would enjoy it. But by book 6, I was growing tired of the nonsense of the neverending saga. And though I got through Path of Daggers, it was painful, and I decided then that I'll finish the series when Jordan does. And frankly, Jordan has killed the experience of reading an open-ended series for me.

And I care because I really enjoyed Jordan's writing style, love his universe and his characters, as well as all of the Dickensian details he puts in it. But the plot has to progress forward (not backward!) and the story needs to reach an ending. I can spend a lifetime writing up character backgrounds but sooner or later, I prefer it when we start rolling some dice.

Remove ads