Votes: 14 20.9%
  • Four more books

Votes: 18 26.9%
  • More than four books

Votes: 30 44.8%

Ishamael

First Post
I'm personally hoping for three.

Shadar Heron and Moridin have been great additions to the story. I can't wait to see where Jordan takes these two.

Also, of the two. Who has the higher rank? Moridin (Ishamael :D ) is Nae'blis, but I too wonder what Shadar Heron is. I don't think he is an avatar, but something close. Maybe he was created by the Dark one himself and has no true free will.

Holy Bovine

First Post
Tsyr said:
I'm always puzzled over why people -who say they have stopped reading the series- complain that it's still going on. Really, if you aren't reading it, why do you care? It should be those of us who still buy the books in hardcover when they come out to read them that have a right to complain :D

Oh I think everyone has the right to complain :)

Why do I care? I don't really know. Maybe I just wanted to see the series end at some point and then i would go back and read the whole thing, knowing that there is a final conclusion and I won't be still reading WoT when i retire.

I did come off sounding like I hated Jordan's style but I don't think that i really do. It just that by the time I got to book 5 there were already plans for '3 more books' and maybe even more. I just couldn't keep reading about the same characters (or one of the 50 he seemd to introduce in FoH) forever. I really want closure to the storyline.

If/when Jordan finishes the series I will go back and read them all again. I just hope he does it before he dies :(

Galfridus

First Post
Horacio said:
A book each two years for as long as Robert Jordan lives. I think it willl be more than 4 (and 8!) books.
I don't know if adding :) or :( ...

Just thinking about Jordan leaving the series unfinished brings a smile to my face...imagine the cries of anguish! :)

A2Z

Explorer
Ishamael said:
Also, of the two. Who has the higher rank? Moridin (Ishamael :D ) is Nae'blis, but I too wonder what Shadar Heron is. I don't think he is an avatar, but something close. Maybe he was created by the Dark one himself and has no true free will.
We've seen Shaidar Haran's POV in some of the books. He has expressed a desire to separate himself from the DO so it seems he does have free will. I agree though, I can't wait to see what or who he is.

Ishamael

First Post
A2Z said:
We've seen Shaidar Haran's POV in some of the books. He has expressed a desire to separate himself from the DO so it seems he does have free will. I agree though, I can't wait to see what or who he is.

I remember that now. You're right. Wonder where he came from then?

Eosin the Red

First Post
Plausible...I know Thom will definately go (and subsequently marry the Aes Sedai)...Mat and Olver played Snakes and Foxes often but that doesn't mean they will also go (though it is probable that Mat might end up going to cause a ruckus since he's Tave'ren).

Olver is the courage
Auldara is the Fire
Thom is the song
Mat is the steel

What do you think - Snakes and Foxes, rigged to win.

Does anybody know if the Elfin and Alfin were around in the AoL?

I like reading the series. I will be sad when it is over. He can go 12 more books for all I care, just make sure the ending is written down somewhere.

Last edited:

pensiv

Explorer
Eosin the Red said:
Does anybody know if the Elfin and Alfin were around in the AoL?

As I understand it, the worlds of the Eelfin and the Aelfin were discovered by Aes Sedai in the Age of Legends.

It stands to reason that they were around for much longer before that, just not readily available.

Forlorn

First Post
As stated earlier I dont care when it ends, just that RJ has been wise enough to do the same thing that JK Rowling did. Write out the last chapter of the last book now and keep it somewhere safe. That way should he die someone can take that, write a quick summary of what leads to that point and we can all rest easy.

I was reading a new article on CNN a while back when Heart of Winter came out that had RJ saying that he had been threatened by fans that should he die before he finished the series that they would desicrate his grave. So he knows what the feelings are.

Remove ads