D&D 3E/3.5 Where are the 4e and 3e resources?

Hunyock

First Post
It is odd that the links were removed. Especially if it's now being sold on classics.
Just a guess, but their agreement with DnDClassics is probably the very reason they took them down... Sole rights to distribute older edition digital resources or something to that effect.

rastus_burne

First Post
Just a guess, but their agreement with DnDClassics is probably the very reason they took them down... Sole rights to distribute older edition digital resources or something to that effect.
Kind of lame though, considering it was previously available for free download.

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member

It seems unlikely to me that WotC would negotiate worse terms than the other thousands of publishers who sell through OBS. WotC's arrangement will be significantly better than mine, not worse!

DMZ2112

Chaotic Looseleaf
WotC's arrangement will be significantly better than mine, not worse!

Maybe you have a mutant negotiating factor?

"Sir! Every time we negotiate a contract with EN Publishing we lose money! We can't keep agreeing to only take nine pennies per product as our fee! This has to stop!"

"It's useless... we are helpless to resist... THE NINE-PENCE MORRUS!"

All my friends in webdesign say that the new Wizards site is excellent which just makes me more nervous. In my experience most webdesigners couldn't find utility with both hands if it was stapled to their face. I long for the days when the Web was black and white and peppered with blue and purple links.

They sure did a great job of burying their brand new article content. :|

Hunyock

First Post
All my friends in webdesign say that the new Wizards site is excellent which just makes me more nervous. In my experience most webdesigners couldn't find utility with both hands if it was stapled to their face.

They sure did a great job of burying their brand new article content. :|

LOL - totally true. The site looks great but is almost impossible to use.

DMZ2112

Chaotic Looseleaf
LOL - totally true. The site looks great but is almost impossible to use.

I know I sound critical, and I am, but I am reserving judgment for the time being -- adapting to a change like this is always hard. It's impossible to differentiate between the shock of the change and actual user interface difficulty, at this point.

What is unfortunate is that now that D&D5 is out, I am likely to be spending far less time trolling Wizards.com for every tidbit of information than I have for the past two years. So even if it /is/ just the shock of the change I am unlikely to get used to the new design with anything resembling speed.

rastus_burne

First Post
What's moronic, is that other links are down too, pretty much anything pre 5th related gets a 404 error. I tried searching for the AD&D reprints they did last year. but even that got a 404.

Remove ads