• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Where did Bahamut come from?

John Morrow

First Post
WizarDru said:
Ink? I thought he needed a crayon.

No. You didn't color in the numbers (which weren't inked on those soft plastic dice). You actually colored in the face of the die so that half the triangles numbered 0-9 were the color of the die and the other half of the triangles, also numbered 0-9, were a different color. If you used crayon, it wouldn't last. I used perminent magic marker, myself. I still have some black and green soft plastic d20 from that period somewhere that aren't golf ball rounds (OK, so I played more Traveller than D&D). Basically, you treated "0" as "10" and if the face of the die was colored in, you added 10 to the result. I also seem to remember some dice where half the faces had a "+" in front of the 0-9 to indicate that you should add 10 if you were using it as a d20. Of course this was all before those irregular new-fangled d10 things so people were still using their d20 as d10s.

Remove ads