Where did you first see THAC0?

Severion

First Post
The 1e Rogues Gallery book, can't remember many details but it did have several of the "named" spell casters plus one really cool assassin (had several rings on chains attached to his bracelets for easy donning, his pic was pure black)

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
Severion said:
The 1e Rogues Gallery book, can't remember many details but it did have several of the "named" spell casters plus one really cool assassin (had several rings on chains attached to his bracelets for easy donning, his pic was pure black)

Hmm. I just checked my copy, and I don't see any reference to THAC0. Great book, though.

Bloodstone Mage

First Post
I think the first time I saw it was in the AD&D Complete Handbook to Halflings (that's what I'm guessing that the title was, because it could have been Guidebook, etc. It was one from the series of brown books that came out). That's what I think, though. It could have been the Monstrous Manual or Complete Handbook to Thieves.
I never did like THAC0. But that's just me. I was only in AD&D for a year. The first adventure I played in, the DM told me what to write instead of telling me the meaning of each stat. Not to mention that another friend I played D&D with, he practically had every D&D book except for the Player's Handbook. We even got a copy of the character sheets package, but no Player's Handbook. I bought it finally, about a month before 3E came out. Perfect timing.
Anyways...
Sorry for rambling!

Cheers!

johnsemlak

First Post
My copy of the 1e DMG also has THAC0 numbers for all monsters in the MM, at the back, just as Bregh says.

I'm not sure, but I definitely saw reference to it in other 1e stuff, Polyhedron adventures I think. It definitely was around as a concept before 2e

Remove ads