D&D General Where do you design your adventures?

Where do you design your adventuers?

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Supporter
So what you're saying is that you can read your own handwriting? Not all of us are so gifted! :(
Umm, sorta. My design flow just works better with a pencil. I do a lot of interconnected lists and mind maps with little blurbs throw in. I don't think those notes would mean anything to anyone but me though. :D

Hmm, quoted the wrong post. Mea Culpa. @atanakar - your thoughts and mine are as one. :p

prabe

Tension, apprension, and dissension have begun
Supporter
I find gaming works best when it's pen or pencil on paper. I write my pre-session notes in pen; I do transitory work and character sheets (when I play) in pencil. I write setting stuff on my computer, because it's the only way anyone else could read it.

Oofta

Legend
One of the reasons I write my notes down electronically is so that I can find them later. I keep a copy of everything and just name it so I can figure out when it happened in the story. So Advent_6.2 is the second adventure while the party was 6th level. If I get ambitious I also go back and copy/paste into a who's-who and what's-what document so that I can amaze my players when I can "remember" that NPC from 6 months ago.

I used to be able to keep all that stuff in my head but now that I'm getting old I can't ... wait what was I talking about?

prabe

Supporter
One of the reasons I write my notes down electronically is so that I can find them later. I keep a copy of everything and just name it so I can figure out when it happened in the story. So Advent_6.2 is the second adventure while the party was 6th level. If I get ambitious I also go back and copy/paste into a who's-who and what's-what document so that I can amaze my players when I can "remember" that NPC from 6 months ago.

I used to be able to keep all that stuff in my head but now that I'm getting old I can't ... wait what was I talking about?

I've mentioned it elsewhere, but my wife games in both the campaigns I run, and she takes excellent notes, and she shares those notes online. I don't have to take notes when I'm running, which frees up a lot of brainspace.

Oofta

Legend
I've mentioned it elsewhere, but my wife games in both the campaigns I run, and she takes excellent notes, and she shares those notes online. I don't have to take notes when I'm running, which frees up a lot of brainspace.
Whereas my wife takes great written notes. So yes, sometimes I read through her notes, if nothing else to see if I was being clear on what I was describing.

At least I can read her hand writing.

prabe

Supporter
Whereas my wife takes great written notes. So yes, sometimes I read through her notes, if nothing else to see if I was being clear on what I was describing.

At least I can read her hand writing.

My wife takes notes in pen and then types them up. Which is good, because I can't read her handwriting.

Oofta

Legend
My wife takes notes in pen and then types them up. Which is good, because I can't read her handwriting.
If my mom ever wrote anything for my wife, I'd have to be the interpreter. She'd look at me funny trying to understand how I could read what was basically a flat line with a few gaps, a bit of a bump and some loops here and there. I inherited my handwriting from my mom.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases