Level Up (A5E) Where does A5e still need support?

Faolyn

(she/her)
i...wasn't saying you did.

ok, so just to clarify - are you saying the immortal rules should be the epic rules or that the immortal rules should be part of the epic rules? i'd agree with the latter since i wouldn't necessarily want epic play to be about godhood, though i would want it to be an option.
Probably the latter.

zen_cat

Explorer
I'd echo a desire for some kind of meaningful post level 20 gameplay. It doesn't have to be more levels, or higher bonuses to anything - it just needs to be a new set of challenges and new tools to try and solve them with.

Also, on the smaller side of requests, I'd love an arcane subclass for Marshals.

Pedantic

Legend
I'm really hoping for more regions, or maybe alternate tables for existing regions to spice up the journey rules. There's lots of variety, but more would definitely not go amiss.

Otherwise, I do feel like the combat traditions could use a bit more expansion. Beast Unity was helpful, a caster support line might be interesting and I'll echo that another ranged line would make using a bow feel better.

I'm really hoping for more regions, or maybe alternate tables for existing regions to spice up the journey rules. There's lots of variety, but more would definitely not go amiss.

Otherwise, I do feel like the combat traditions could use a bit more expansion. Beast Unity was helpful, a caster support line might be interesting and I'll echo that another ranged line would make using a bow feel better.
I'll add to the tally of requesting more combat traditions. Viper's Fangs from Purple Martin Games was also a nice addition that I think did a decent job presenting a semi out of the box idea; requiring an additional component for maneuvers besides the weapon in question. And yeah, I think more ranged options for bows, boomerangs, blowdarts, and balistas (and other ranged weapons that don't just start with a B) would be good.

Also gonna reverberate the notion of some sort of martial tradition that supports magic. Or some kind of synergy feat line allows for mixing of the maneuvers system and magic. For that matter, more synergy feats that aren't specifically tied to multiclassing, kinda like Vampire, Lycanthrope, or Revenant lines. Maybe being tied to some backgrounds/themes like hiveminds from Zeitgeist

Steampunkette

Rules Tinkerer and Freelance Writer
Supporter

Have you taken a look at @DM Sarah's Stranger Sights?

It's honestly pretty amazing at new encounter challenges and stuff. 40 new ones, to be precise. Plus a bunch of monsters which are great. Like Werecrocodiles, Winter Hags, and the dreaded Doom Chicken!

Faolyn

(she/her)

I'm (slowly) working on a few for an upcoming project.

Pedantic

Legend
Have you taken a look at @DM Sarah's Stranger Sights?

It's honestly pretty amazing at new encounter challenges and stuff. 40 new ones, to be precise. Plus a bunch of monsters which are great. Like Werecrocodiles, Winter Hags, and the dreaded Doom Chicken!

Oh definitely! It's excellent, and I'm very happy with the challenges presented therein, but I'm actually more interested in the regional structure itself, instead of the individual challenges.

I can imagine a few variants on Parched Sands for different kinds of deserts, for example, or maybe more monster/exploration weighted variant tables for existing regions. More extreme terrain types for planar exploration, or maybe there's still some general gaps to fill; maybe island/archipelago type terrains could use a more explicit region?

Remove ads