D&D 5E Where is the content?

Tyler Do'Urden

Soap Maker
I’ve been running two fortnightly games and playing in a third pretty much since 5e officially came out (in some cases before), and I have not been able to keep up with all the official adventure content!

I hope to start running a second biweekly campaign later this year... but even at that there's more quality content on my roster than I can use in a lifetime!

Retreater

Legend
I've run into the same issue myself and posted on here about it in the past. I'd suggest looking into 3PP, such as Frog God Games or the aforementioned Kobold Press. I've all but given up on WotC's official adventure offerings being enough for my groups.

tommybahama

Adventurer
Descent is Levels 1 - 13 so that is pretty scant stuff. We are going to finish it in about 7 months, which might be quick by some people's standards but is hardly lightning fast either.

We expect to finish Avernus in six months with weekly 3 hour sessions. I feel our DM has rushed us through some sections I'd wish he'd taken more time with like Candlekeep. Have you asked your players if they would like a slower pace? Oh, and he adapted the beginning of Lost Mines a bit to introduce the Dead Three cult and get us to level 3 before going to Baldur's Gate.

And there's nothing wrong with doing an old module with different characters and choosing different paths. Maybe an all Gnomic (Gnomish?) bard adventure party?

The Big BZ

Explorer
We expect to finish Avernus in six months with weekly 3 hour sessions. I feel our DM has rushed us through some sections I'd wish he'd taken more time with like Candlekeep. Have you asked your players if they would like a slower pace? Oh, and he adapted the beginning of Lost Mines a bit to introduce the Dead Three cult and get us to level 3 before going to Baldur's Gate.

And there's nothing wrong with doing an old module with different characters and choosing different paths. Maybe an all Gnomic (Gnomish?) bard adventure party?
I actually am a player at the moment but we rotate DM and I am next. We have been playing together since 2014 so we have a pretty consistent agreed playstyle and pace etc

The Big BZ

Explorer
Do you have the Adventure in Middle-Earth campaigns? They are pretty good, if a little railroad-y. They may require a little modifying tho (removing the Shadow Points, reworking a little the travel sequences and adding more enemies because AiME doest not include magic, so encounters may be on the easy side if your players have a lot of magic).
I like the AiME stuff and love Middle Earth in general but if I was going to play ME I would prefer a different system and if to going to convert I might aswell convert an absolute nailed on classic like Night Below or something.

Remove ads