Level Up (A5E) Where to Explore Next?

Personally I'm partial to an "Afterlife" plane. Neither heaven nor hell, it simple exists. Some -parts- of it might be hellish. some parts heavenly. But most people aren't evil enough to be consigned to hell, nor good enough to pass into heaven, so they just meander about in the Afterlife.

If course... if you're skilled enough, you could escape hell into the regular afterlife. Or even sneak into heaven.

Much more fun, to me, than separating out the planes.
"dungeons and dante's inferno" pops to mind

xiphumor

Legend
So we have no plans beyond the next two hardcovers yet, but our thoughts have been along the lines of (a) cultural setting/sourcebooks written by people with those backgrounds and (b) planar stuff. As WotC has announced Planescape, the latter has become a little less likely .
So just a hunch, and its your company so do what you want, but I feel like a direct competitor to any WotC products would probably do well these days.

Personally, I’m more interested in seeing the culture-oriented books than planes, but on behalf of everyone else, it might be time to revisit that calculus.

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
So just a hunch, and its your company so do what you want, but I feel like a direct competitor to any WotC products would probably do well these days.

Personally, I’m more interested in seeing the culture-oriented books than planes, but on behalf of everyone else, it might be time to revisit that calculus.
Keep in mind this statement was made prior to the current debacle. What type of content WotC decides to put out may be less of a direct concern for ENP right now. There are certainly more important things to worry about.

Remove ads