Where'd the buttons go?

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
First, forgive my lack of technical expertise. Second, where did the buttons go? The line of them acorss the mid-top of the page, regardless of where you were, that linked to everything (forums, blogs, news, etc).

I have the front news page bookmarked but without the buttons, I had a hard time finding how to get to the forums.

fba827

Adventurer
i can see the buttons (the ones for forum jump, my profile settings, etc).

what browser are you using? and have you tried (presuming you are on windows) holding down shift and pressing the reload button to force a hard reload without using cache?
(on mac i believe it's the apple button instead of the shift button... something like that).

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
The monkey's not crazy; some buttons are missing for me, too.

I can see Older News, newsletter, Subscribers Content, WotBS, Space Fight!, Search, and Send a Scoop!

I am using IE 8 on Windows XP.

fba827

Adventurer
The monkey's not crazy

Monkeys are all crazy, doubly-so for being a self-proclaimed crazy_monkey.

Having said that, I am using firefox (v3.6.3 on XP) and not having problems seeing the buttons.

Anyone have multiple browsers accessible from the same computer and able to try it and see?

grufflehead

First Post
Firefox 3.5.9 on Vista here. I see the line of buttons including WotBs and Space Fight but not the Forums, Blog etc buttons. Also, I can see which of my friends are currently on, but aside from their names, the usual PM and X ('defriend') links have gone. Oh, and the big banner ad at the top right of the whole page and the contents of the 'Vist our Sponsors' panel are missing.

EDIT: just tried it with IE 7.0.6002.18005 and the same stuff is missing

EDIT2: Bloody IE - all I did was check the site, and next thing my firewall is nagging away saying Google is trying to download and install something or other. Got POed with it and rebooted - still the same.

Weem's screenshots look like mine *except* I'm not getting the banner ad

Last edited:

weem

First Post
....I see the line of buttons including WotBs and Space Fight but not the Forums, Blog etc buttons....

Indeed...

enbuttonsgone.jpg

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
That's because I've removed them temporarily while I work on cleaning up some of the clutter.

Remove ads