Where'd the buttons go?

fba827

Adventurer
by the way - if you "subscribe to forums" (not talking about subscribing to thread, but to forums, under forum tools when you're in the specific forum) you can have your own customized forum index right in your account without needing to fidget with other forums that you don't visit frequently.

I find it a great way to keep everything quick and handy and simple to navigate.

Anyway, just thought i'd mention it for those who didn't know since it might help some people.

drothgery

First Post
I realize you're still working on this, but right now the home page has a lot of horizontal scrolling for me (Vista/FF 3.6.3) when I have the bookmarks tab pinned open (which I usually do, because most web pages still aren't designed for widescreen viewing, even though most monitors have been widescreen for years).

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I realize you're still working on this, but right now the home page has a lot of horizontal scrolling for me (Vista/FF 3.6.3) when I have the bookmarks tab pinned open (which I usually do, because most web pages still aren't designed for widescreen viewing, even though most monitors have been widescreen for years).

What resolution are you using? As you can see from my screenshot, on my screen it's very empty horizontally. It's hard to get these things right for everyone!

IronWolf

blank
What resolution are you using? As you can see from my screenshot, on my screen it's very empty horizontally. It's hard to get these things right for everyone!

On the main EN World page I also have a horizontal scroll bar in both IE and Firefox on Windows 7. Screen resolution is 1280x1024.

Once I click through to the forums however, the horizontal scroll bar goes away and the web page shrinks to fit with no sideways scrolling needed.

drothgery

First Post

On my home machine, my screen's 1680x1050; My browser window is a few hundred pixels narrower, because I always keep the bookmarks panel open (mostly as a kludge to deal with web sites that look bad on widescreen). My work laptop is 1366x768, and has the same effect (and I don't keep the bookmarks pinned open on my work laptop).

It looks like you're using a 1920x1080 display, which isn't uncommon these days, but it's a lot wider than most people's (pretty much any old 4:3 display, almost any 16:10 display smaller than 24", and almost any 16:9 display smaller than 23.5").

Last edited:

Random Axe

Explorer
I noticed yesterday that the main page has a Messageboards Icon on the far right side, and yesterday it worked fine. But today it opens the Forums page in a new window?

I hope that's not meant to be a permanent feature (the new-window thing, I mean)?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I've been reducing image widths; it's still doing it? Some of 'em are almost pinpricks on my screen now!

drothgery

First Post
I've been reducing image widths; it's still doing it? Some of 'em are almost pinpricks on my screen now!

It's fine on my work laptop now (though the message boards popup partially scrolls off the right edge), but you probably shouldn't count on having more than 1024 horizontal pixels to work with... which is about half of what your 1080p monitor will give you.

Last edited:

Remove ads