Where'd the buttons go?

jeffh

Adventurer
This leaves no easy, obvious way to get from the front page to the forums. (There are plenty of Rube Goldberg-ish, not so obvious ways, but some form of link that just says "Forums" is, IMO, pretty essential.)

Also, Weem, is there any way to put that image in an sblock or something? It's forcing a horizontal scrollbar on my machine.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
This leaves no easy, obvious way to get from the front page to the forums. (There are plenty of Rube Goldberg-ish, not so obvious ways, but some form of link that just says "Forums" is, IMO, pretty essential.)

This clearly requires one of my patented Morrus' Detailed Instruction Manual posts! I do enjoy making them!

attachment.php

Attachments

• click_here.jpg
    click_here.jpg
    601.2 KB · Views: 310

Wycen

Explorer
I "clicked there" but due to my screen resolution the Non Game forums were not displayed, cut off in the ether.

After changing my screen resolution in order to find the meta forum I then realized the "Forum" linked to the good old fashioned up to down list of all the forums I'm used to.

Of course, Morrus said he's working on stuff so he removed them, so I'm just posting to have a link in my history to navigate back to later.

ssampier

First Post
I am glad I wasn't the only one missing the buttons. I also completely missed the Messageboards link Morrus pointed out. Wow, it's amazing how my eye completely missed that for the color photograph further down.

darjr

I crit!
If you click on the world 'Forum' it'll take you to the main forum page so you can get to the other subforums from there.

jeffh

Adventurer
This clearly requires one of my patented Morrus' Detailed Instruction Manual posts! I do enjoy making them!
Missed that - and I am slightly less embarrassed about this than I would otherwise be since someone else apparently did too. It's certainly not as prominent as we have become accustomed to.

No biggie, of course, given that the change is temporary and presumably for a good reason.

Merkuri

Explorer
Would it make more sense to put the "Messageboards" link all the way to the left so that people won't have to scroll (or won't have to scroll as much) to get to all of the forums in that dropdown?

Plus, people read from left to right, so the most important links should probably be at the left.

Tharian

First Post

attachment.php

I think the catch with that is that the Meta section is missing from that link. When I click on Messageboards and look at the popup list, Meta is missing.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I think the catch with that is that the Meta section is missing from that link. When I click on Messageboards and look at the popup list, Meta is missing.

Ah, but you can either click "Forums" or you can click the big new shiny colourful enormous icon link in the right column!

Remove ads