D&D 4E Which 3rd party companies do you want 4ed products from?

I would like the chance to BUY 4th ed products from (multi choice):

• Adamant Entertainment

Votes: 10 5.8%
  • EN Publishing

Votes: 49 28.5%
  • Expeditious Retreat Press

Votes: 40 23.3%
  • Fantasy Flight Games

Votes: 45 26.2%
  • Goodman Games

Votes: 82 47.7%
  • Green Ronin Publishing

Votes: 108 62.8%
  • Mongoose Publishing

Votes: 35 20.3%
  • Necromancer Games

Votes: 95 55.2%
  • Paizo Publishing

Votes: 123 71.5%
  • Paradigm Concepts

Votes: 10 5.8%
  • Privateer Press

Votes: 35 20.3%
  • Fiery Dragon

Votes: 27 15.7%
  • Trollord

Votes: 16 9.3%
  • White Wolf/Swords & Sorcery

Votes: 50 29.1%
  • Other (Please note)

Votes: 19 11.0%
  • None: no 3rd party 4ed.

Votes: 16 9.3%

• Poll closed .

edemaitre

Explorer
Third-party D&D4e/OGL publishers

I think that Mongoose's licensed D20 properties, Green Ronin's historical sourcebooks, and "classic feel" supplements from other third-party publishers would all be good things to update using the allegedly streamlined rules of Dungeons & Dragons Fourth Edition.

So while I don't need rehashes of many settings or still more prestige classes and spells (or whatever will replace them), revised and expanded editions of certain books would be nice.

Henry

Autoexreginated
If I get into 4E heavily, Necro and Green Ronin are the two companies I would buy the most from, because their products have proven to me in the past to be the most useful and the best done out of the whole field. I consistently like the stuff they've done, from D&D to not-D&D.

CaptainChaos

First Post
Kaladhan said:
I'm kind of afraid of companies who would just update their old stuff to the new edition. I want to see new stuff, new fluff and possibly new crunch. No Freeport 4E please! This is why I voted Goodman Games and Necromancer Games.

You realize the first thing Necro is doing is Tome of Horrors 4E, which more or less defines updating old stuff.

Freeport's new core book is already out and its systemless. GR may do a 4E companion, but I doubt that'll be the focus of their 4E effort (if any).

Grazzt

Demon Lord
CaptainChaos said:
You realize the first thing Necro is doing is Tome of Horrors 4E, which more or less defines updating old stuff.

Im fairly certain there will be some new stuff in the book too. :)

Minicol

Adventurer
Supporter
I do not want to go 4e at all.

The only reason I MIGHT want to go 4e is if Living Arcanis continues in 4e. And then again, that's not even certain to fit the bill.

Now, I know some publishers can write well enough that their products that something interesting can still be salvaged from it.

So I voted for Paradigm, Paizo, Green ronin and Fantasy Flight.

Last edited:

WhatGravitas

Explorer
Aldarc said:
Malhavoc Press

I would eventually like to see something akin to a 4E update to Arcana Evolved and Ptolus.
A new "Book of Eldritch/Hallowed/Iron Might" would be nice as well, especially because it'd fit the arcane/divine/martial division of 4E. And because the books were great. And because Monte's stuff (I know that BoIM was Mearls') usually vibes well with me, especially his names and locations.

Cheers, LT.

Remove ads