D&D General Which ability score would you like to increase to 18 in real life?

Which ability score?

• Strength

• Dexterity

• Constitution

• Intelligence

• Wisdom

• Charisma

Results are only viewable after voting.

dave2008

Legend
Anyone who choose anything other then Wisdom, needs more Wisdom. A Con, Dexterity and strength increase will dissolve in the face of time and age, intelligence without wisdom usually ends up futilite as one doesn't know how best to apply ir, Charisma without wisdom leads to bad leadership and more problems eventually for everyone.

Every single philosopher A-side from the most extreme hedonists would choose wisdom. Improving your wisdom doesn't just help yourself, it helps everyone around you.
However, it also depends on what your low score is. If your quite sickly, having a high wisdom will not do you a lot of good in improving your health. And, like everything else wisdom also fades with age.

That being said, I chose Wisdom...of course I am already wise enough to know that it is not the right choice for everyone, so maybe I should have picked something else ;)

Voted DEX, CON would also be a great choice but I figure my underlying CON score is pretty high, whereas DEX? Not so much and it would pretty awesome. My INT and WIS are quite high enough and certainly making them higher won't give me a better life, and I don't think high CHA actually makes your life any more pleasant or easier in the long run, given I know a couple of quite charismatic people and they don't seem to be benefiting from it, in total. WIS doesn't necessarily help you or others, either. Claiming that is a misunderstanding of what it represents on a profound level. Otherwise it would be impossible to be Evil and have a high WIS.

Esker

Hero
Really torn between CON and CHA. I think INT is my only well above average stat as it is, so less to gain there. High STR or DEX wouldn't offer as many benefits in my life situation.

CON would be good mostly because I think a lot of areas of my life would benefit if I had a higher energy level (although what I'm mainly after is mental stamina; in 5e terms I guess that's WIS-based, but really it's the will saves vs distraction that I'm interested in most, moreso than the attunement to the world stuff, where I think I do ok).

CHA would benefit me a lot because I'm crap at expanding my social/professional network, and tend to stick to people I know already at parties/conferences.

gyor

Legend
Voted DEX, CON would also be a great choice but I figure my underlying CON score is pretty high, whereas DEX? Not so much and it would pretty awesome. My INT and WIS are quite high enough and certainly making them higher won't give me a better life, and I don't think high CHA actually makes your life any more pleasant or easier in the long run, given I know a couple of quite charismatic people and they don't seem to be benefiting from it, in total. WIS doesn't necessarily help you or others, either. Claiming that is a misunderstanding of what it represents on a profound level. Otherwise it would be impossible to be Evil and have a high WIS.

If this game was more simulationist, it would impossible for evil characters or even neutral to have high wisdom.

It occurred to me that ideally good clerics should use wisdom, neutral clerics should use intelligence, and evil clerics charisma as primary stats.

Bitbrain

Lost in Dark Sun
Constitution.

After that, Wisdom. Almost every single person who knows me in real life has said that I am “a textbook example of an absent-minded professor without a degree”

Remove ads