• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Which Alignment is the hardest to play/follow ?

Hardest Alignment to play/follow ?

• Lawful Good

Votes: 18 20.7%
  • Neutral Good

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Chaotic Good

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Lawful Neutral

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • Lawful Evil

• Chaotic Neutral

Votes: 20 23.0%
  • Chaotic Evil

Votes: 11 12.6%
  • True Neutral

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • Neutral Evil

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • ever present \"other\"

Humanophile

First Post
There's no slot for "everything but Neutral". That's my vote, though.

I just see too many people who think that Lawful and/or Good alignments are all about piling restrictions on your character, while Chaos and Evil are all about freedom and options... including the freedom to act Lawful and the option to act Good, when you chose to. Which leaves me scratching my head. If you want to play a CE character who fits well into society, acting like a Good Citizen to avoid drawing attention while keeping the letters "C" and "E" on your character sheet in case you ever do want to engage in a little torture, just ask your DM to run an alignment free game. Anything else is really screwing with the system.

I guess to me, anyone who follows a non-neutral alignment well enough to be predominantly of that alignment is a fanatic. Sitting at home, watching Fight Club every weekend, posting to anarchy boards, and listening to alternative music does not make you Chaotic. Helping people out when you have the time, being polite, giving to charity when you have the disposable income, etc. does not make you Good. It's when comfort, normalcy, other people's opinions, and often even personal safety are subsumed into the goal that you can attach an alignment force to your character properly. Otherwise, it reminds me of when my kid brother was doing the WOTC alignment test, I called him on some of his answers, he replied "well, that's what I would do if I could", only to blow off my parents calling him away after filling out a "do you respect your elders" question. Alignment should be an active force, Neutrality is passive.

Although if that falls through, I'll have to say NE, CE, and CN, with maybe a little CG thrown in, as the "I do what I want, when I want" alignments that are taken less out of desire to be actively Chaotic, than the desire to not be constrained by Lawful (or Good, as the case often is.)

Remove ads