Which board game would you buy, and why?

Which board game would you buy, and why?

• Alien: Fate of the Nostromo

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Gloomier

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Hive

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Jaws

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Once Upon a Time (OK, it's a card game)

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Princess Bride Adventure Book Game

Votes: 5 38.5%

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I'm surprised that more people aren't voting for the second edition of Gloom. Should I just purchase the original instead? (I've played the app many times, and know the 1.0 version of the game very well.)

GreyLord

Legend
I'm not really into Gloom or Gloomier.

If we are talking about MYSELF (as opposed to someone else) I'd probably go with Alien: Fate of Nostromo. That's simply because that's more my style of game that I'd want to play.

Princess Bride would be next on the list, but with caution. It's made similarly to the Wizard of Oz game that came out (and I think also they are coming out with either a Hobbit or Lord of the Rings game in the same fashion) where you are presented with scenarios to play through and go through which follow the movie. I haven't tried one of them yet so I am unsure if I'd like it or not. I DID buy my spouse the Princess Bride game for Christmas but we have yet to play it.

I think Hive would have greater appeal to more people though. It is easy to understand, well made with great components, and yet is complicated enough to keep the game fresh after many plays.

Remove ads