Which books do you re-read regularly?

Marc_C

Solitary Role Playing
I've got out of the habit of reading as much in the last few years (I more often buy books on Audilble now) but one series I found very re-readable are Lois McMaster Bujold's Vorkosigan novels. There are very few I haven't read at least a couple of times, and I've re-read Memory, Komarr and A Civil Campaign several times.

Aside from that, I'll often re-read (or re-listen) a series when the next novel is due to come out. I did that recently with the Dresden Files series, and before that the Rivers of London series.
Vorkosigan is great! When I'm stuck in a waiting room it's the first books I think of to pass time enjoyably. Have your read the one with his cousin, Captain Ivan Vorpatril, as the lead? It's really funny.

MarkB

Legend
Have your read the one with his cousin, Captain Ivan Vorpatril, as the lead? It's really funny.
Indeed I have, it was most enjoyable. I also liked her book about Cordelia Naismith-Vorkosigan's new romance.

They did feel a little low-stakes, though. It's something I've noticed in a few long-running series over the years - at some point, it seems like the author can no longer bear to seriously hurt their characters.

Anne McCaffrey's Perm novels were the same way - after The White Dragon, the stakes seem to drop off rapidly.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases