Which Edition?

What edition do you intend to primarily run?

• Poll closed .

Arnwyn

First Post
3.5 into the foreseeable future.

Due to the limited available time already in our lives (decreasing as we get older), we'll likely move to playing more golf and/or video games before we spend time re-learning a new edition and re-building campaign worlds from scratch.

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
Basic D&D, for D&D (which is not AD&D, so I refuse to vote on it if classified as such). I'll probably be playing more non-D&D games, however.

Khairn

First Post
Umbran said:
I don't choose the game I intend to run in a general sense. I run campaigns with a desire for specific themes and flavors, and I choose the system and edition based on how well it delivers what I want.

That's exactly the way I chose games as well. I'll be sticking with 3.5 / Pathfinder for the immediate future, but I reserve the right to change my mind if I find a great setting or come up with a great concept. For me the toughest part about getting my head around 4E was finding it's "niche" within the spectrum of gameplay that I enjoy.

scourger

Explorer
I chose the last option simply because I don't see myself running any D&D in the immediate future. We've played it for the better part of the last year and a half, and I think the current game will go for another 9-12 months. Afterward, I doubt I'll reprise my 3.0 game for a while or start a new 3.5 game I've been pondering. I'll need to move on to something else, probably Savage Worlds in another genre, for a time before getting back to fantasy.

Grymar

Explorer
We are playing 3.5 now and have no immediate plans to change. We tried a few of the homebrew preview games and the verdict was somewhere between unimpressed to downright loathing.

My next campaign, which I expect could be this fall, I'm looking at maybe using Pathfinder or Monte's Experimental Might ideas. 4e is a longshot possibility, but it could happen.

FATDRAGONGAMES

First Post
The group I DM for uses C&C, but my 3.5 group that I play in is likely going to go with a Pathfinder/3.5 hybrid for now. I'd like to find a local group going to 4E to at least try it out for a bit, if nothing else I plan on playing it a couple times at Origins next month.

Wik

First Post
Right now, we're playing a homebrew our GM cooked up, taking stuff from 2e and 3e and mixing them together. It works... sort of.

When I GM again, I'll be running Shadowrun 4e. I'm getting a mite tired of fantasy, and Keep on the Shadowfell isn't really doing anything for me, yet.

Remove ads