• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Which Hockey Tournament Do You Like Best?

Which is the best hockey tournament?

• Olympics

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • World Cup of Hockey

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • World Championships

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • World Junior Championships

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • I don't like any of these tournaments

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't like hockey

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Poll closed .

Iuz

First Post
Teflon Billy said:
I like the Stanley Cup Playoffs best, but of your offered choices: World Cup.

I decided against including the Stanley Cup because it is basically a North American Tournament (even if players from other countries do play for the teams).

It would only to be fair to include Stanley if I knew the names of equivilent tournaments in Europe; but I do not.

AIM-54

First Post
My favorite would be the NCAA tournament (Now with 16 teams! :D ), but I voted for the World Jr. Tournament, which I look forward to every Christmas. It was great to see the US team win it all this year for the first time ever.

Lord Stanley's Cup probably comes in third for me, but it depends on the teams.

johnsemlak

First Post
The Olympics without a doubt. Has the best players from the best teams and is good open, clean hockey. The players seem to want that the most as well, so it gets the best effort.

That said, I would like the World Cup to be elevated to the primary Hockey tourney, like the Football World Cup. As can be seen in Men's basketball, the Olympics is not necessarily the best place for multi-millionaires to be partipating. But still, right now, the Olympics is the tourney where all the top nations give it their all.

Previously, the Olympics were of course a bit different.

I never watch NHL hockey so I'm glad It's not in the poll. I prefer the international game. I'd pick the World Championships as my second choice.

Last edited:

Arnwyn

First Post
World Cup, no question (and it should still be called "Canada Cup").

Stanley Cup is near the bottom of the list, due to multiple reasons (a big one being that I prefer "Canada" playing, as opposed to "Calgary", "Toronto", or *cough* "Tampa Bay", for example).

drothgery

First Post
The only time I'll watch more than a few minutes of hockey are in Olympic medal-round games involving team USA, so I'm not the best person to ask on this. I know that the World Cup should feature better players and better teams most of the time, but it just seems like the Olympics are the "right" time to watch international hockey.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads