• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Picking Attorneys is Like Picking Kickball Teams: Don't Pick Yourself

I've seen video of SovCits from the US, Canada, Australia, and the UK.

EDIT - And yes, they all seem to try the uniquely American arguments in other countries.

I've seen a number of non-US SovCits refer to themselves as "Free Men on the Land". That group prefers to quote bizarre references to the Magna Carta rather than bizarre references to the Constitution.

Aeson

I am the mysterious professor.
I've seen a number of non-US SovCits refer to themselves as "Free Men on the Land". That group prefers to quote bizarre references to the Magna Carta rather than bizarre references to the Constitution.
Do any of them have glowy blue eyes and drone on and on about water?

Ryujin

Legend
On the principle that everything derives from English Common Law. There are many different flavours of SovCits (Freemen, Sovereign Citizens, Moorish Americans, Naturally Born Men..), but it all boils down to SovCits. One of the most recent things is to refuse to accept the name Sovereign Citizen, when called out by cops or court.

Aeson

I am the mysterious professor.
On the principle that everything derives from English Common Law. There are many different flavours of SovCits (Freemen, Sovereign Citizens, Moorish Americans, Naturally Born Men..), but it all boils down to SovCits. One of the most recent things is to refuse to accept the name Sovereign Citizen, when called out by cops or court.
The Nuwaubian's had an amazing compound here in Georgia.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Even in Judge Judy's court?
FYI, Judge Wapner- and all of the other people with court shows that followed (including Judy’s)- was (obviously) not running a court of law, BUT the decisions were still legally binding.

How is this possible?

Because all of those “judges” are operating as arbitrators, and to be on one of those shows, you have to sign a contract acknowledging and agreeing that you’ll be bound by the arbitration laws of the state in which those shows are filmed. And in every state I know of, arbitration is legally binding.

FYI, Judge Wapner, Judy and all of the other people with court shows are (obviously) not running courts of law, BUT their decisions are still legally binding.

How is this possible?

Because all of those “judges” are operating as arbitrators, and to be on one of those shows, you have to sign a contract acknowledging and agreeing that you’ll be bound by the arbitration laws of the state in which those shows are filmed. And in every state I know of, arbitration is legally binding.
Even in the state of state of denial 😜

Ryujin

Legend
FYI, Judge Wapner- and all of the other people with court shows that followed (including Judy’s)- was (obviously) not running a court of law, BUT the decisions were still legally binding.

How is this possible?

With the number of civil cases they had, clogging up their dockets, California in particular started leaning very heavily on arbitrators, back when Judge Judy got started. The People's Court was well ahead of the curve.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads