D&D 5E Which Is Better: Regular or Alternate Cover Art For Theros?

Here's a look at the full art pieces for the covers of Mythic Odysseys of Theros. The first is the regular, and the second is the alternate cover. Which is better?

Which is better?

• Regular

Votes: 90 54.9%
  • Alternate

Votes: 74 45.1%

Here's a look at the full art pieces for the covers of Mythic Odysseys of Theros. The first is the regular, and the second is the alternate cover. Which is better?

Screen Shot 2020-03-02 at 11.22.13 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-03-02 at 11.22.32 PM.png

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
I hadn't picked up an alternate cover until Eberron, but it was just too pretty to pass on.
This will be the second alternate cover I get, I think, I actually really like the colourful psychedelic version here.

It's a shame there wasn't an alt-version of Ravnica (although I love the cover of that) and Wildemount, so that all my setting books could have a bit of consistency to them, but it's no biggy.

I like the normal cover too, don't get me wrong. I actually came across a thread on Twitter where the artist showed the artwork at various stages, even posted the written brief which was interesting to read.

Same feels here.

Didn't pick up the Tiamat alt cover nor the alt covers for the 3 core books - because I couldn't justify spending $200 for material I already had... Maybe some day I'll try to find the alt cover PHB, since no harm in having an extra of that.

jayoungr

Legend
Supporter
They were running neck and neck for a while, but the alternate cover has been growing on me. I think I'll order that one when I get around to picking this up (hopefully by the end of the month).

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads