• A different die

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • No Time to Die

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Die Means "The" in German

Votes: 11 9.0%

Weiley31

Legend
I must say, i do enjoy Kraken Dice's new modern take on the D4: It's still the triangle type deal, but the pointy edges are flat and the highest Number is placed the flat parts as well as the usual d4 number placement.

I don't know why I like it, it just looks nice.

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
I have two "custom dice" that I like and would like to incorporate into games I design.

1. a "d5", but with 0 - 5, so you really have six-sides. Currently we just use standard d6s, treating 6's as 0's.
2. a "d10", but using the d12 so the two additional sides are 0 and "+". Your number results are this 0 - 10, and explode on the "+".

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
hi what is the difference between the d20 system that D&D uses and the d20 die and the other dice that come with D&D?

I think d20 system refers to using the 20 sided die plus a modifier for most of the things a character tries to do. So climbing walls, hitting something, making a saving throw, etc... all work the same way, and a high number was always good for the person rolling. This started with third edition. In earlier editions, you sometimes wanted high, sometimes low. Sometimes you rolled a d20, sometimes d100, sometimes 2d6, etc...

The other dice (d4, d6, d8, d12) are still used for damage from creatures and, optionally, rolling hit points and determining ability scores (d6 for that last one). The d100 is used to generate random outcomes in various tables.

Weiley31

Legend
It sure as heck ain't the D4 from Wyvern Gaming's Stargate SG-1 rpg. That thing is a literal bladed caltrop that will inflict blood inducing wounds if you, for some reason, felt so board you had to jump on it from off the bed or accidently step on it.

Remove ads