D&D General Which modules/sources have info on Tharizdun?

Finding out his details were disappointing. Plus the book sucked (again, tastes are different, but he was just not a good fiction writer).
agree on his writing skills. But I ended up using the city from the novel as an adventure for my group more or less as he wrote it, and added in some other stuff (like the anthropoid demons from a later novel); it was a pretty good short term arc in the campaign...

Larnievc

Hero
You could take a listen to this.

Also take a listen to his ruff about Obyriths. I’ve used Tharizdun as one of the antagonists in OOTA and this stuff was really useful.

toucanbuzz

No rule is inviolate

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ

I converted the monster from that link to 5e:

Elhoriad
Medium undead, neutral evil
Armor Class 18 (natural armor)
Hit Points 39 (6d8 + 12)
Speed 30 ft.
STR
DEX
CON
INT
WIS
CHA
16 (+3)​
17 (+3)​
14 (+2)​
11 (+0)​
10 (+0)​
12 (+1)​
Damage Resistances bludgeoning, from nonmagical weapons
Damage Immunities cold, poison
Condition Immunities exhaustion, poisoned
Senses darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 10
Languages understands all languages it knew in life but can't speak
Challenge 3 (700 XP)

Actions
Multiattack.
The elhoriad makes two melee attacks.

Longsword. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 7 (1d8 + 3) slashing damage, or 8 (1d10 + 3) slashing damage if used with two hands.

Entropic Touch. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one creature. Hit: 8 (2d4 + 3) necrotic damage, and the target's Strength score is reduced by 1d4. The target dies if this reduces its Strength to 0. Otherwise, the reduction lasts until the target finishes a short or long rest.

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
Dragon Magazine Annual 5 (2000) had an article about Tharizdun-related monsters, entitled "Children of Tharidun". I concerted one of the creatures (the Rogue Eidolon) to 5e:

Rogue Eidolon
Large construct, chaotic neutral
Armor Class 20 (natural armor)
Hit Points 114 (12d10 + 48)
Speed 30 ft.
STR
DEX
CON
INT
WIS
CHA
20 (+5)​
10 (+0)​
18 (+4)​
4 (−3)​
6 (−2)​
18 (+4)​
Damage Resistances bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing from nonmagical weapons
Damage Immunities poison, psychic
Condition Immunities charmed, exhaustion, frightened, paralyzed, petrified, poisoned
Senses darkvision 120 ft., passive Perception 8
Languages understands the languages of its creator but can't speak
Challenge 9 (5,000 XP)

Actions
Multiattack.
The rogue eidolon uses Blood Spray if it can. It then makes two melee attacks.

Slam. Melee Weapon Attack: +9 to hit, reach 10 ft., on target. Hit: 18 (2d12 + 5) bludgeoning damage, and the target must succeed on a DC 16 Wisdom saving throw or the creature can't take reactions and rolls a d8 to determine what it does during that turn. On a 1 to 4, the creature does nothing. On a 5 or 6, the creature takes no action but uses all its movement to move in a random direction. On a 7 or 8, the creature makes one melee attack against a random creature, or it does nothing if no creature is within reach. The target can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect on itself on a success.

Blood Spray (Recharge 5-6): The rogue eidolon spews a gout of thick blood from the seeping symbol carved into its face at a target within 30 feet. A creature struck by the blood spray must make a DC 16 Wisdom save or be afflicted by a terrible madness that causes the target to see all friends as hated enemies. On each of its turns, the target will attack its closest ally immediately. The target can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect on itself on a success.

Rellott

Explorer
I’d have to check the specific book references, but 4e had a decent bit of material about Tharizdun as it talked about the Abyss and the blood war and the seed of chaos.

Weiley31

Legend
I like and use the 4E idea that Tharizdun created the Abyss.(Which technically makes the Tanari the creations of Tharizdun as well) As well as his background during the Dawn War and his affiliation with the Primordials as well.

Remove ads